Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #21

We loved out 213 trailer. It was a great unit for us, but as our kids were getting bigger, we decided to upgrade about 1.5 years ago to our current model. Enjoy!
Old 04-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #22

absolutely. going thursday to pick everything up. will post pics for you
brewcrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #23

Congratulations!

We just downsized to this same model! Traded in our 27" Forest River with two slide outs. Looking forward to our first (local) shake-down trip this weekend! Our hope is that it will be easier to back into my favorite dry-camping locations and be cheaper to tow. Less external storage space, for sure, but the sleeping accomodations are awesome. That king bed!! No more blowing up the air-mattress-couch-bed that almost completely blocks the front door/kitchen area when grandkids camp with us. (They're already calling dibs on the top bunk -- have to decide whether to buy a ladder or just use our folding step stool.)
mcearl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:20 PM   #24

Congratulations!
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #25

Congratulations!
Old 04-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #26

I found this guy who built a really nice simple small ladder for the top bunk I will add the link here to check out. I'm building one this weekend i think.

Jayco X213 Bunk Ladder – Restricted Ayerspace
Old 04-25-2019, 12:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew22 View Post
I found this guy who built a really nice simple small ladder for the top bunk I will add the link here to check out. I'm building one this weekend i think.

Jayco X213 Bunk Ladder – Restricted Ayerspace

I built that one for my x213, and it is great. I think the only change I made was making it a bit wider, as it seemed narrow when we were planning it out.
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #28

Also, don't forget to take a look at this:

Jayco X213 Under Couch Access Mod – Restricted Ayerspace

Makes it really easy to get stuff in/out of there and not have to hold up the couch. I normally just lift up the couch a bit and pop off the panel and throw it on the bed while I get stuff out.
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #29

just wanted to check in and see how you are liking your x213 so far? we picked ours up a few weeks ago and so far really like it. i do have a question about your unit though. do you notice whether your rear slide sits level when fully extended or does it tip down slightly? our tips down slightly and is out of level when fully extended. our dealer seems to think it should have a slight tip down at the end due to water shed, i finally contacted jayco and they stated when it is fully extended that the slide should sit level or very close to it. anyways i just dropped it off at my dealer and explained to them what jayco told me. so it sounds like there gonna figure it out. anyways i was just curious if you noticed whether yours was level or not while fully extended. hope your enjoying your camper!
Old 05-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #30

Quote:
just wanted to check in and see how you are liking your x213 so far? we picked ours up a few weeks ago and so far really like it. i do have a question about your unit though. do you notice whether your rear slide sits level when fully extended or does it tip down slightly? our tips down slightly and is out of level when fully extended. our dealer seems to think it should have a slight tip down at the end due to water shed, i finally contacted jayco and they stated when it is fully extended that the slide should sit level or very close to it. anyways i just dropped it off at my dealer and explained to them what jayco told me. so it sounds like there gonna figure it out. anyways i was just curious if you noticed whether yours was level or not while fully extended. hope your enjoying your camper!
We took it out for the first weekend trip two weeks ago. So far, everything went really well, except that we haven't tested any water system yet (still winterized).

I haven't put a level to the bed slide, but from looking at it, it seems pretty level to me. One concern that I had was that the back molding of the slide does not sit flush with the back wall, as was the case in our previous camper's side slide. In the X213, you can run your fingers between the molding and the rear wall. During walk through, they told us this is normal. Is your's the same way?
sciencenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #31

Good to hear everything went well on your first outing. Yes mine is the same exact way if you feel the wall behind the trim around the slide out you will feel a metal L channel bracket should be resting right up against the wall mine is totally flush up against the wall to top and there is about a quarter to maybe half inch gap at the bottom away from the wall telling me that mine is not level. but yes that is the way the slide-out supposed to be. Mine is still winterized as well. I did build a nice little ladder for my bunk and had a seamstress redo my curtains in the front as well so that each bunk has their own curtain.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Good to hear everything went well on your first outing. Yes mine is the same exact way if you feel the wall behind the trim around the slide out you will feel a metal L channel bracket should be resting right up against the wall mine is totally flush up against the wall to top and there is about a quarter to maybe half inch gap at the bottom away from the wall telling me that mine is not level. but yes that is the way the slide-out supposed to be. Mine is still winterized as well. I did build a nice little ladder for my bunk and had a seamstress redo my curtains in the front as well so that each bunk has their own curtain.
Thanks, that's reassuring to know. One thing I saw is that where the rail of the slideout passes through the rear wall, there is a small gap (can see the outside light through there). I am worried about skeeters getting in there. Our previous camper's slideout seemed to be tighter in this respect.

I started with some mods. The first thing I did was add 12 V USB ports to each bunk, and a 12 V outlet/USB port/volt meter next to the CO alarm. Was easy to get 12 V power at each location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190504_142533[1].jpg
Views:	8
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	49361

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190504_142454[1].jpg
Views:	8
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	49364
sciencenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #33

Nice mods I'm gonna have to look into the USB ports. That's a good idea. Yeah I see a little daylight through mine as well where the seal under the bunk butts up to the bottom of the slide.