Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #21

Marinco shore power set up
Dimmer for awning led lights
Protective EMS setup, should have started with this one
Old 11-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #22

Inexpensive cordless drill like a Black & Decker, and socket for lowering and raising the corner jacks.

And, if you have a cordless drill onboard, you might as well have a set of drill bits for it, and a set of screwdriver bits, including the square drives that Jayco uses almost everywhere.

If you're going to be doing any boon docking, be it at Walmart or out in the wilds, how about an inverter generator to keep the batteries topped off and run the microwave.

Someone must have mentioned a good tire gauge already? I really like my Jaco (not Jayco) gauge, as it has a nice analog dial, and uses no batteries.

And, an air compressor. I like my little AC powered Campbell Hausfield. Handles the high pressure that the trailer tires require. I went with AC power knowing that I can plug it into the generator.

An inexpensive torque wrench for properly torquing the lug nuts. Put a short extension and the right socket on it (tall socket), and keep it in your toolbox. It'll also double as a lug wrench.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #23

must have items

6" torpedo level
high flow water pressure regulator
90deg adapter for your water hose.
shower curtain rod for the back of your shower to hang wet stuff.
plastic wheel chocks
6 gal plastic water jug (to fill your water tank when dry camping)
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
Inexpensive cordless drill like a Black & Decker, and socket for lowering and raising the corner jacks.

And, if you have a cordless drill onboard, you might as well have a set of drill bits for it, and a set of screwdriver bits, including the square drives that Jayco uses almost everywhere.

If you're going to be doing any boon docking, be it at Walmart or out in the wilds, how about an inverter generator to keep the batteries topped off and run the microwave.

Someone must have mentioned a good tire gauge already? I really like my Jaco (not Jayco) gauge, as it has a nice analog dial, and uses no batteries.

And, an air compressor. I like my little AC powered Campbell Hausfield. Handles the high pressure that the trailer tires require. I went with AC power knowing that I can plug it into the generator.

An inexpensive torque wrench for properly torquing the lug nuts. Put a short extension and the right socket on it (tall socket), and keep it in your toolbox. It'll also double as a lug wrench.
Thanks.

What's a good inverter generator that you'd recommend?
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote