Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #1

Bulging in aluminum siding

Anyone have/had any issues with bulging in aluminum siding? I have recently noticed one between slide outs at top and one above second entry door. Also, above wheel well on awning side the siding developed a wave/ripple. Dealer is in contact with Jayco. 2018 31QBDHS
54camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #2

Sounds like the wood behind the paneling is warping?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #3

I had this issue on our 26bh. The issue was the aluminum was expanding when the sunlit side of the trailer would heat up. We were under warranty when this was discovered and our dealer fixed it with no hassle. From what I understand the aluminum was cut a little too long and there wasn’t enough slack left for the inevitable expansion/contraction of the siding.
BigD480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #4

Update

The dealer (RV ONE Tampa) where we purchased does not want to handle warranty repairs because of they feel their new service shop is not equipped to handle removing siding on both sides. So Jayco RV will have to do repair but not till September and they have to trailer unit to Indiana.
54camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #5

I had the bulge in the siding above the front drivers side window on my 21QB. Wait time to get anything fixed at my dealer is an average of 6 weeks, and I was told that before I bought the trailer, as I did ask them. Got it in and they fixed it and had the trailer back in 2 days. Work came out perfect. The shop told me that the problem was that stapling was off, so that 3 foot area that was bulging was never anchored to the frame. This was about a year ago when I bought the trailer, so far, no other areas have had the bulging issues. Good luck with yours, but it's really a bummer that you have to wait so long to get your trailer fixed.