Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #1

Bunk House Slide Not Working

Any advice for next steps to try?

Just returned to my seasonal site with a 2010 32BHDS and the rear slide in the bunk house doesn't seem to want to extend. When I push the out button it makes a clicking noise and that's about it.

The main slide works no problem. What's the next step in the "fix it yourself" process. I don't have a tow vehicle so right now my kids are gonna be pretty cramped until I get this taken care of.

Thanks!
turkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #2

You should be able to manually open the slide. I did read a write up where someone had to use a rachet in order to move the slide.
When we bought our 32BHDS I asked about a manual slide override method because I did not see one like other Jaycos had. I was told there was not one available with the 32BHDS.
If your underbelly is enclosed you will need to drop the the underbelly material, locate the slide motor, unbolt/move the motor out of the way , and then attatche a socket to the slide part that is driven by the motor.
It may take several turns with the rachet before you notice the slide move. I suggest having someone stand by the slide so they can let you know if you are turning the correct way. Once you know the direction to turn you may want to get a power drill with socket adapter to spped up the process.
At one time I read about defective slide motors installed in some Jaycos, but when I checked the build dates my unit was not included.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #3

here is a link I found discussing the slide issue. http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...=slide+failure
It is not the one I read that was about the 32BHDS but it does reference some off the same things.
Good luck.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply - we did manage to get it out. Took three shaking and rocking it from the inside while my kid held the button.

As best we could tell the slide seemed to pop slightly off the track?? It almost was as if when I brought it in last week it came in too far?? Anyone ever experience anything similar?
turkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #5

So far no problems. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #6

A friend of mine recently had a problem opening his slide-out. It was his first day out this season and was pretty upset about it. They were at Farmington, NM - pretty small community. Somehow they made arrangements to have a guy come to their site to see what he could do.

The fix was -- hit the "out button"; then hit the "in button"; then, again, "hit the out button". IT WORKED.

I did not ask what the bill was.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #7

BH Slide

I have a 2009 32BHDS. Had same problem. Had to manually start the slide out by going under the slide with a wrench and give it a couple of turns and then it would go out as it should. The problem was the motor/actuator was faulty. Jayco replaced the motor/actuator during a In Plant Repair of my unit.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote