Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #1

Bunkhouse drawers get caught by slides

I have a 2014 32tsbh. During transit the drawers and cabinets open. Then when i open the slides they all get caught on the slides. A couple drawers have been damaged and now on of the cabinet doors. Does anyone else have this issue and if so what have you done to fix it?
joe39562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #2

In our bunk house, the drawers would open by themselves. The factory put a catch at the bottom of each drawer and for some reason on the street side bunk, the drawers would not stay closed. I put a catch at the top of each drawer and that held them in place. A year after owning our TT, one of the drawers in our bedroom started doing the same thing. I bought a pack of 10 catches and made sure the problem drawers had a catch at the top and bottom.

Pack of 10 from Amazon

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe39562 View Post
I have a 2014 32tsbh. During transit the drawers and cabinets open. Then when i open the slides they all get caught on the slides. A couple drawers have been damaged and now on of the cabinet doors. Does anyone else have this issue and if so what have you done to fix it?
Add a step to your set up routine. Open slides enough so you can put an eyeball on both ends of the slides so you can look for items that will be in the way. Adding catches etc are useful, but after you damage drawers etc the first time, it shouldn't be hard to remind yourself to add the step. Take a look and clear any potential blockages and then finish opening the slide.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote