Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #1

cable hook up

Need help we have a new jayco flight elite with a continu-us 2620 tv. I have tried to use the tv hooked up to the park cable but I can not get it to work correctly. Here is what I have tried so far. First connected the cable to park hook up and then did the tv set up and placed the tv in cable mode and then did the scan port a and port b have the jumper connected between the two. 4 channels came up out of the 80 the park have with cable. Next I directly hooked the tv to port b on the wall plate and still the same results. I have the wall button in the off position. Since this did not work I ran the cable thru a window and directly to the tv itself and then did the scan and this worked. I would like to use the tv in the normal mode without going thru the window. If someone has this set up and has found a way to use the cable in the normal mode let me know

forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

makes zero sense. if you got one channel you should get them all....I would try it again. Pull the plates and see if the cables are loose..might be tough to do on the one outside

nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #3

Do you have the antenna amplifier turned off?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Made that mistake a few times...
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

said in post "had wall button in off position"
Old 10-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Is there a cable in for satellite and cable? My RV has both. Double check that you are hooked up to the cable in not satellite in.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwsmith111 View Post
Is there a cable in for satellite and cable? My RV has both. Double check that you are hooked up to the cable in not satellite in.
said he got 4 channels. wouldn't get any if he wasn't hooked up correctly
Old 10-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Not so sure about that. Sometimes I get channels not hooked to anything. Especially the old analog stuff. So the question might be, what four channels did he get? There are also different cable systems. Maybe he has the wrong one selected on his tv. There use to be STD, HRC, and IRC systems and one had to select which one during the television setup as they decode differently. Also, the cable tv frequencies are spread out. One may get channels 2-13 but nothing else indicating that the VHF is working but not the UHF. Typically local channels might be broadcast on VHF. I have been at several campgrounds with cable and could not make it work except direct to the tv coaxial input, but other campgrounds work fine. I think it is an old vs. new compatibility question.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #9

I've seen a couple members pull their wall plate to discover it wasn't wired right, or that it was defective, that could be the case here.

Normal operation is to connect park cable outside, turn antenna booster OFF (BTDT) scan channels in cable mode (as opposed to air) and you're good. If it doesn't work this way for you, the first thing I would check is the wall plate, especially since you ran direct and it worked. It could be wired wrong or defective...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I've seen a couple members pull their wall plate to discover it wasn't wired right, or that it was defective, that could be the case here.

Normal operation is to connect park cable outside, turn antenna booster OFF (BTDT) scan channels in cable mode (as opposed to air) and you're good. If it doesn't work this way for you, the first thing I would check is the wall plate, especially since you ran direct and it worked. It could be wired wrong or defective...
X2
It sounds from your description that you have done everything as you should have. I would suspect a connection bad behind the wall plate. You can also set the scan mode on the continu-us TV for analog and hd if I am not mistaken. Make sure you are set to scan for both.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote