Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2021, 09:30 AM   #1

Cable TV Hook Up

Recently visited Pachanga RV Resort and they provide cable TV. Haven't used this feature yet and with no luck! I hooked up my coax cable from their connection to the JayFlights exterior connection. And I connected another coax from the TV input to (now this is the question) and tried all 3 of the connections to the side of the TV compartment. Auto search channels with the TV and all I got was what appeared to be local broadcast channels in the area.
Harvyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:33 AM   #2

When you did the auto search on your TV there should have been an option to select either cable or antenna. Be sure cable has been selected.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:39 AM   #3

Thanks Isaacs for the quick reply! Do you know what input I should use in the TV compartment? I have a total of three! One plate has two connectors and the other one has only one with a switch that adds power to the line.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:04 AM   #4
CAG

This maybe some help. There are a number of posts on the Internet about "Jay Feather TV hookup" and similar search words in Google or the like.

Do not use the power button by the connection plate for cable. Only over the air.

https://www.nylyon.com/JaycoTVHookup.pdf

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvyr View Post
Thanks Isaacs for the quick reply! Do you know what input I should use in the TV compartment? I have a total of three! One plate has two connectors and the other one has only one with a switch that adds power to the line.
Not sure I can help with that--my little camper has only the one with the button that has to remain off when using cable. I would bet that the button one is for your antenna, the second one may connect to the cable input, and the third may be for a satellite dish. Just guessing, but if you can figure out which one goes directly to the cable input on the outside wall of your camper that's your guy!

Another thought: if you want to troubleshoot just to make sure things are working, hook the campground cable through a window directly to the back of your TV.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:58 PM   #6

Thanks gents! I'll give it a try!!

Tags
jayco jayflight