Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2015, 06:16 AM   #1

Camco = Top Notch Service

Hello,
I wanted to relay my experience recently with Camco.

My wife and I bought our first TT (29QBS) a couple months back. Once we ordered the trailer, I began stockpiling necessary items. One such item was an upgraded sewer hose. We went with the Camco Revolution 20' Kit. This kit includes two 10 foot hoses and various fittings. I liked that it was an all in one package.

Anyway, we loaded up for our fist trip (Spring Break in Fort Wilderness). Mid way through our week there, I went to dump the black tanks. My two boys (7 and 5) were very excited about this so they came with me. Honestly, I too was excited as I had also purchased a clear connector piece to monitor the progress of the dump and had zero experience doing this.

Anyway, I opened the valve, and everything dumped fine for a few seconds, that is until a pin hole started spraying straight up. I yelled "NO! NO! NO! NO!", the boys scattered screaming in all directions and my wife said "Time for a bike ride boys" and left me there to deal with the aftermath. Luckily I had purchased a back up hose which worked just fine, and a big bottle of bleach for cleaning the side of my brand new Jayco.

Being I had purchased the hose way in advance of this trip, it was outside of Amazon's return window. When we returned from our trip, I reached out to Camco to see what their policy was regarding this not expecting them to do anything other than say "sorry". They indicated it was no problem and they would send me a replacement. Not once did they ask for a receipt, return of the hose (which is understandable), or ask anything other than where they should send the new hose. Not only did they replace the section that had a pinhole, they sent me a whole new 20' kit (fittings and all).

It isn't often I get good customer service from large companies, yet this was excellent customer service. Safe to say I am a Camco customer now.
jconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #2

That is great to hear. Yes there are still good companies out there who make up for the bad ones. Maybe this forum should have a section for "Good Companies". I had the same great response from our backup camera company Furrion Electrical, great folks to deal with.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #3

It really stinks when something brand new doesn't work as it should, but it is great to know there are companies out there who will stand behind their product and understand what customer satisfaction is about.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:34 AM   #4

4-5 years ago I bought a Gen-turi (Camco) from the service manager of my RV dealer at approx half price. It had never been used. He had been asked to help one of his customers sell off her RV "stuff" after her husband died. When I tried to install it for a trial run before my first trip where I needed it I found the largest exhaust fitting wasn't manufactured correct. It came with 4 fittings for different generator exhaust pipe sizes. The three smaller ones had slots cut in each side to slip over the existing exhaust plus a drilled through hole for the safety pin, but the largest size that I needed did not. Remember I was not the original purchaser of this unit and did not have a receipt either and I don't know how long prior to my purchasing it that it was purchased.

I called Camco and after just a few minutes explaining what the problem was, they said they would ship me, no charge, a replacement part. They did and all was well.

This seems to be a pattern for Camco. Good Job!

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #5

I too had the same problem with the same sewer hose kit as jconner. I noticed a pin hole leak this last campout.
I called their customer service today and a new hose is now on its way free of charge.
lodiguy is offline   Reply With Quote