Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #81
Lost in the Woods

I didn't know bottled water comes in a "creamy or crunchy" version, like peanut butter?

...."Next time you reach for the bottle of "pure" water, think twice as popular brands may be selling you water contaminated with microplastics and toxic chemicals from their plastic packaging."

It is not mandatory for bottled water corporations to conduct lab tests or inform consumers where their water originates. In contrast to bottled water, tap water suppliers must undergo testing to show contaminant levels, offer quality reports to consumers, meet EPA standards, and disclose their water sources. This means bottled water isn't always the safest option.
https://www.cleanwateraction.org/202...inking-plastic
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:11 AM   #82

Campground water

I always hook up the filter and pressure regulator at the spigot in the campsite and use this water for flushing the toilet, washing hands and dishes, and brushing teeth. For coffee, cooking, and drinking water, we use an Igloo sports water dispenser with 20 lbs. of ice to start and refill it with 10 lb. bags of ice every 2-3 days. As the ice melts, we dispense cold water from the jug to fill our reusable metal water bottles and into a 1 liter bottle to use it for coffee and cooking.

I am totally opposed to purchasing bottled water in single-use plastic bottles. That is wasteful, unnecessary, and as one member noted, contributing to the plastic pollution and microplastics. I collect water samples at two locations in St. Lucie County, Florida, for the Florida Microplastics Awareness Project and we are finding microplastics in every sample as well as in oysters. Microplastics accumulate up the food chain so we are eating and drinking them. Plastics are definitely not a part of our regular diet and have no nutritional value.
susan34982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladecreekwy View Post
My point being that it varies. Where we live FS campgrounds usually have a well and the water is great. Better than most folks water at home. It just depends where you are
I read that well water may contain high amounts of arsenic due to it naturally being in the ground were well water is pulled from. You have to test your well water for contaminates regularly.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:59 PM   #84
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan34982 View Post
I always hook up the filter and pressure regulator at the spigot in the campsite and use this water for flushing the toilet, washing hands and dishes, and brushing teeth. For coffee, cooking, and drinking water, we use an Igloo sports water dispenser with 20 lbs. of ice to start and refill it with 10 lb. bags of ice every 2-3 days. As the ice melts, we dispense cold water from the jug to fill our reusable metal water bottles and into a 1 liter bottle to use it for coffee and cooking.

I am totally opposed to purchasing bottled water in single-use plastic bottles. That is wasteful, unnecessary, and as one member noted, contributing to the plastic pollution and microplastics. I collect water samples at two locations in St. Lucie County, Florida, for the Florida Microplastics Awareness Project and we are finding microplastics in every sample as well as in oysters. Microplastics accumulate up the food chain so we are eating and drinking them. Plastics are definitely not a part of our regular diet and have no nutritional value.

Where does the ice come from? If we are careful about what water we drink and then freeze that water and put in in our drinks, or in this case drink it after it melts, we lost the battle to avoid bad water. It is in the ice.

Added to that problem, is if we brush our teeth with the water we are using to flush and washing hands with we are putting that water in our mouth, and while we may try to avoid it, we are ingesting what ever is in that water.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:56 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramman View Post
Does anyone drink campground water when traveling? If so, what are you filtering it with? We have been buying gallons for coffee and our pup, bottled for drinking.
We used to use a lot of bottled water and this year we purchased the Clearsource 3 filter system. LOVE IT!!
Old 10-01-2020, 07:58 PM   #86
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Where does the ice come from? If we are careful about what water we drink and then freeze that water and put in in our drinks, or in this case drink it after it melts, we lost the battle to avoid bad water. It is in the ice.
Exactly what I was thinking. Based on the ice companies I've seen, I would bet there would be even more problems with the ice compared to the bottled water companies.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:29 PM   #87

We filter all the water going into the tt. I'm not really worried about getting sick, I just don't want the sensors crusted up from hard water. It seems to work,all the sensors still read correctly. I'm very picky about my coffee so I Use bottled water for that. Yep, I make the coffee. DW WILL NOT make the coffee!!!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:33 PM   #88
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy wife / happy life View Post
We filter all the water going into the tt. I'm not really worried about getting sick, I just don't want the sensors crusted up from hard water. It seems to work,all the sensors still read correctly. I'm very picky about my coffee so I Use bottled water for that. Yep, I make the coffee. DW WILL NOT make the coffee!!!

Water softener! Best thing going and when your wife does her hair in the shower you will be a hero!

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote