Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #1

Camping

First let me say Happy Thanksgiving to my Jayco family. Second did anyone spend or eat Thanksgiving in there camper. Also who else goes to bed dreaming of camping. I fall asleep at night thinking about our trips and staying in the camper. Hate this cold snowy weather.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:14 PM   #2

Happy Thanksgiving to yall as well. I can't say I spent Thanksgiving in our camper, but I did spend it at work in the gulf of mexico providing a good Thanksgiving for my family at home. But, to your second question, absolutely yes. Have thought and dreamed about campers, traveling, etc every night since I was 5, and I'm 38 now. Didn't get our first one until I was 27 I think, so a lot of years just dreaming with no way to make it a reality.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #3

I'm planning for April 16th as my leave home date and I just build from there.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #4

And a happy Thanksgiving to everyone here, as well. Yes, I spent Thanksgiving in my trailer - at Thunderbird Lake State Park near Norman, OK. This is a beautiful park, with large sites, concrete pads for RV, grill and picnic table. They have 30/50 Amp service and water hook-ups. I'm on my way from Michigan to my summer home in the Texas Hill Country, and this park has the first open bath house (all be it a pay shower) since I left Michigan. Am enjoying it for 5 days before heading to Dallas for a week.

Best holiday wishes to "ya'all".
Old 11-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #5

Since I enjoy cooking, we have always done the huge traditional Thanksgiving meal. Last year we decided to go camping instead. It worked out so well that it is now our new tradition. We left Monday and won't go home until Saturday. Today we are doing an after Thanksgiving cookout with kids, grandkids and in-laws. Hot dogs, burgers and chips. The best part is it will be all cleaned up 10 minutes after the eating is finished!! It has been unusually cold here this week but we camp all year and it does not spoil the trip at all.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #6

So here it is 11:51 at night 16 degrees outside and I'm wondering how it would be sleeping in the camper. I have the double pane gas filled windows and the glacier package. Has anyone camped while that cold or colder. The lowest I have camped was 42 at night and the camper stayed toasty. Wow I'm missing camping bad already.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote