Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #1

Looking for help locating freshwater drain.... Sorry about long post
We have a 2002 Eagle 302FK. I have looked over every square inch of this trailer and referred to the owners manual, and yet still cannot find the freshwater drain. We have only owned this TT for a few months, so I don't know the full repair history, I am wondering if there was some sort of mod or tank replacement.
I ran the water pump thinking that I could empty it that way, but there is still about 1 inch of water remains in the tank.
Found and opened all 3 low point drains, still, there is water in the tank!
I have literally spent hours on this issue. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated!!
DLFogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFogle View Post
We have a 2002 Eagle 302FK and can NOT find the fresh water drain. We have only had this camper for a few months and it's our first. I found 3 low point drains, but there is no freshwater drain! Very frustrated! Ran the pump, to help empty the tank but there is still about an inch of water in there. Really want to drain it completely. Thoughts???
Have you looked under the trailer and located the water tank. There should be a small 90 degree fitting with a handle near the bottom of the take but usually located on the side, turn it till the water runs out.

Name:  drain.jpg.gif
Views: 98
Size:  41.8 KB
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:45 PM   #3

Yes, we looked over every square inch of the underside of the camper
Old 10-24-2016, 04:49 PM   #4

Usually water tanks are centered above the axles. This helps keep an even spread load when traveling with a full tank.
Crawl underneath the unit and search either in front or behind the axles for a tube with a small plastic petcock sticking down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #5

I located a 2003 manual for a Eagle similar to yours. It states the water tank may be located inside under the bed or under the trailer. For drainage this is what the manual shows.

Drainage

1. A white plastic drain is attached to outer wall. Open valve and allow to drain. (Fig. 4-11)

2. A valve is located inside of coach adjacent to the water tank. The knob turns 45° to open and close.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGun40 View Post
Usually water tanks are centered above the axles. This helps keep an even spread load when traveling with a full tank.
Crawl underneath the unit and search either in front or behind the axles for a tube with a small plastic petcock sticking down.

Thank you, appreciate the reply! We looked everywhere on the underside, there is nothing! Super frustrating. I am hoping someone with this model will see this post and have an answer. Otherwise I think our solution will be to use a sump pump and a skinny hose to suck in out.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Thank you, appreciate the reply! We looked everywhere on the underside, there is nothing! Super frustrating. I am hoping someone with this model will see this post and have an answer. Otherwise I think our solution will be to use a sump pump and a skinny hose to suck in out.

Is your undercarriage covered so that you cannot see your tank? If so, it could be that the undercarriage cover was installed aftermarket, and they neglected to put an opening and pull the drain through.

2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Found and opened all 3 low point drains, still, there is water in the tank!!
Not familiar with your rig at all but is you're camper sitting level? 3 low point drains should have been hot water line, cold water line, and fresh tank (I would assume) if unit is not level may not drain the tank. Just a thought
Old 10-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Have you looked under the trailer and located the water tank. There should be a small 90 degree fitting with a handle near the bottom of the take but usually located on the side, turn it till the water runs out.

Attachment 27582
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGun40 View Post
Is your undercarriage covered so that you cannot see your tank? If so, it could be that the undercarriage cover was installed aftermarket, and they neglected to put an opening and pull the drain through.

yes- the undercarriage is covered. That must be it!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:09 PM   #10

Quote:
yes- the undercarriage is covered. That must be it!
It is possible, although, yet again, something like this should NEVER be delivered to the consumer. Imagine if the consumer thinks they winterized the system, when they really did not drain the tank.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:05 AM   #11
Site Team

You would think that in a 13 year old rig, someone would have noticed this by now?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:45 PM   #12

Lightbulb

Contact Jayco and give them the serial # of your trailer. Although it's a few years old they more than likely will be able to supply you with the info you need and tell you exactly where the water tank is located on that trlr. and where to find the drain valve. I've found out over the years that they were very co-operative if you have any questions. It's actually better to call their toll free number and speak directly to the tech. Sometimes talking personally will get quicker results due to the tech actually understanding your concern. They will also email you the layout (print) of everything between the floor and the enclosure.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote