Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #1

Can't Reach Behind Television

Hello. I have a 2017 Jay Flight SLX 245, and the TV is mounted on a small up/down swivel about 3" off the wall panel. I'm trying to plug in an HDMI cable into the back, and I can see the input with a mirror and flashlight, but can't get my arm in there behind it to reach the plug. For that matter, I could see wing nuts on the swivel, which might allow to completely dismount the TV, but I can't get my arm back into those tight quarters enough to reach the wingnut.

Any tips from folks who have done this a few times with these tight quarters television cabinets?

Thanks!
mrfizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:49 PM   #2

There should be a strap you can pull that will release the TV and let it move. Do you see a strap hanging?
Hatchet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:03 AM   #3

Are there any HDMI ports on the sides of the TV? Most TVs I've seen have most connections on the back, with a few others, usually an HDMI or two and USB on one side.

Our Bungalow has a similar setup with a 39" Furrion, even releasing the tv so it can move doesn't allow me to get my arms back to the connections, fortunately, there are ports on the bottom left (on the left side) that I was able to reach and attach an HDMI cable.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:00 AM   #4

We have a TV mounted close to the wall at home and I bought a 90 degree adapter that plugged into the hdmi port and the cable plugged into it. Much easier to install and no stress on the cable.

See if you can find the brand and model tv mount and look up the installation instructions.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:32 AM   #5

Yup.. my 39” Furrion has a fabric strap hanging down from the tv mount.. should be direct center. If you look behind the tv from the bottom front it should be hanging down.. I have to grab mine with 2 fingers as it’s hard to get me whole hand in that space.. pull the tv out (towards you) while pulling the strap down