Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2024, 08:31 AM   #1

Carefree awning is shot

Hey Guys, I bought a 2009 G2 23FB for 10K CAD. They barely washed the roof so it's filfthy and I will be scrubbing it down with diluted bleach and resealing everything, thats another story. There was also a small tear in the membrane at the very back which would have been leaking, I fixed that also. From what I can tell the damage from the leak was minimal because everything is super clean inside. I pulled the bathroom vent to gain access to the inside of the panels close to where the leak is and nothing smells musty. Yet another story for sure.

At any rate he butchered the awning arm, apparently one of the arms bent when he was pulling it in (im assuming the inner arm), im also assuming it bent because debris blocked the channel as they never washed it. He said he had to cut the awning arm to get it pulled in. I purchased it with zip ties around the awning arm so I could not look at anything, he said I needed a replacement metal arm for a few hundred dollars. Well he butchered it and it looks like it's just easier to replace the whole arm for like $700 CAD. In addition, it looks like the awning fabric is shot also, the stitching is disintegrating so I need to also change the fabric. That said, I can't find a model number anywhere on the frame. Also, how do you remove the fabric from the channel at the top?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3614.jpg   IMG_3615.jpg   IMG_3616.jpg  
Pacothetaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:47 AM   #2

Ok so I found out it's a Travel'r awning part number: QJ15LK00, though I can't find a part number on the carefree website for just the single arm. This looks to be exactly what im after, would this work?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00T36IGXA?ref=emc_s_m_5_i_atc
Old 04-23-2024, 10:44 AM   #3
Site Team

There are two versions of that model awning. A fixed pitch, and an adjustable pitch. I won't say for 100% sure, but it looks like it is correct for the adjustable pitch awning. Here's a parts diagram from Carefree.

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...r?productId=32

You may want to give them a call to verify. (303) 469-3324

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
There are two versions of that model awning. A fixed pitch, and an adjustable pitch. I won't say for 100% sure, but it looks like it is correct for the adjustable pitch awning. Here's a parts diagram from Carefree.

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...r?productId=32

You may want to give them a call to verify. (303) 469-3324
Ok so they said they only sell adjustable pitch, Iím pretty sure mine is not. They said thatís fine though as itís still compatible with fixed pitch. I just bought the arm off Amazon for $700 Cad. Now just need replacement awning fabric.