Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #1

Cargo Accessory kit on a Jayco flight 32 TSBH

Does anyone know if the cargo accessory hitch can be installed after the unit has been delivered? our unit was supposed to have it and now the sales rep is saying it was on the other color unit which was supposed to have all the same stuff and we are paying the same price!
If I remember correctly my husband wanted this for a bike rack for is that what its used for? Thanks for your feedback!
Amf2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #2

Not sure if this is any help at all:
Our 2015 27RLS Jay Flight HAS the frame brackets for the hitch and I did NOT order the hitch. Looking under the rear of the trailer they are easy to see.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #3

We ordered the same trailer in late 2014 and had the same issue. When we went to look at it before taking delivery, I noticed the hitch wasn't installed. Jayco sent the hitch to the dealer to be installed.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #4

Is this a new(er) trailer ('15 or '16)? If so, as mentioned it can be added after the fact. Just look for a bracket welded on each side to the frame at the rear of the trailer. If the dealer tells you it can't be, they are wrong as our's was added after the trailer arrived at the dealer as well!

I reccomended an hitch anti rattle kit to help keep the bike rack from bouncing. The one I bought has a u-bolt and a piece of steel that is bent on one side to secure the hitch (or in this case bike rack).

And there is only one or two bike racks rated for the rear of a rv, Swagman (I believe it is) being one.

Good luck!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #5

I know this thread is about a year since last posted, but does anyone have the part number and approx. cost for the accessory? my folks have a 2015 29rks and the brackets are there, but it must be a Jayco only item as I cant seem to find it online at all. Depending on price, there is one on etrailer that may bolt up, but it is not specific to their trailer. TIA Dave

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
I know this thread is about a year since last posted, but does anyone have the part number and approx. cost for the accessory? my folks have a 2015 29rks and the brackets are there, but it must be a Jayco only item as I cant seem to find it online at all. Depending on price, there is one on etrailer that may bolt up, but it is not specific to their trailer. TIA Dave
We have it on our 2015 Eagle and I believe that was the last year it was available because Jayco went to a receiver after 2015 because it does not work very well as a bike rack. From personal experience I can confirm that it works fine as a tray for firewood, Rubbermaid bin etc. but it does not work very well for bicycles because you have to jury rig tie-down straps and pool noodles between bikes to stop them from rubbing, but it will work. It also will drag on the road going up moderately steep hills in campgrounds because it is well below the rear bumper and sticks out about 2 1/2 feet.

You might want to look at getting a receiver hitch mounted to the frame of your TT, and then you can get any number of receiver hitch trays or bike racks that fit into receivers, depending on your needs.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #7

If im not mistaken, the brackets are for the receiver? That is what I think I am looking for? A slide out tray may work for my folks situation (hoping to use it to transport a powered scooter), that might just work... Hmmm

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #8

We a 2011 33RLDS and it has the tangs on the frame for this slide out tray. I have heard bad things about the tray breaking apart where the holes are that hold it in place. These holes are where the pin goes in. Yes it is a Jayco item. I have been looking for one and I can't find one. If I could get one it would have to be modified to fix where it breaks.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
From personal experience I can confirm that it works fine as a tray for firewood, Rubbermaid bin etc. but it does not work very well for bicycles because you have to jury rig tie-down straps and pool noodles between bikes to stop them from rubbing, but it will work.
This is all true as we have the pullout rear cargo tray on our '12 Eagle. I like it because it has 2 points of support and is rated to 250lbs. I know Plowtoy was referring to Jayco's frame mounted receiver hitch that they put on their trailers now so I'm wondering if there's different mounting brackets for those? If the brackets are square tubes welded/bolted to the frame, it's probably for the pullout cargo tray.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #10
Site Team

I have the cargo tray, it was an already installed option when we bought ours new. I have used it for bikes for over 6 years and it works fine and is not difficult to learn to secure the bikes w/o them rubbing with bungee cords.

After dzwiss had his break, I had mine reinforced at a welding shop just for extra security several years ago. I posted the mods in another thread.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #11

Brackets standard?

Are these frame brackets "Standard" on newer trailers with the "option" being whether the cargo hitch is installed?? I have a 2016 and would be ecstatic to find that to be the case.

D
Old 02-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #12

With or without brackets a 2" receiver can be added to the rear of your TT. I have had them added to both my previous 26BH and current 29QBH. Simply went to a hitch shop, they fabricated receiver and bracket that connected to the frame rails and welded it all in place. I paid $250-$300, it wasn't much. They certified it to support up to 500# and hauling 4 bikes hasn't been an issue for 5+ years.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
Are these frame brackets "Standard" on newer trailers with the "option" being whether the cargo hitch is installed?? I have a 2016 and would be ecstatic to find that to be the case.

D
If the receiver is an option for your model, the frame will have the brackets regardless if you have the receiver or not. When we ordered our 2016 33RBTS, I didn't originally order the receiver. I had the dealer add it after the fact and watched them simply lift it into place and bolt it on the unit the day I took delivery.