Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #1

Question Ceiling bubbling in X213

Has anyone else run into this problem with their X213 or any other model that has a curved wall/ceiling? It is getting worse and popped the ceiling trim off this trip. My oldest kid tried to sleep up there and said it smelled like glue. It's bubbling in the front wardrobe as well.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #2

It looks like you have a roof leak? How does the sealant look on the roof? Or the roof membrane itself?

Old 08-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #3

That's what we thought initially. But it went to the dealer a month ago for some final warranty items and we told them about it and they said they looked and there wasn't a roof leak and it was common for this panelling to do that when they curve it. But this last trip it got worse and when we got home today, we just dropped it at the dealer as we had an appointment booked to get some parts installed from the previous appointment. The service guy agreed it looked much worse and said they will look at it tomorrow.

We didn't look at the roof ourselves though. Wishing they would have done a more thorough inspection last time it was there.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
they said they looked and there wasn't a roof leak and it was common for this panelling to do that when they curve it. (
Horse hockey.....curving doesn't cause bubbles.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Horse hockey.....curving doesn't cause bubbles.
This pretty much summed up our thoughts on the matter. I'm worried we are going to have trouble now too as our warranty is over now. Although we did report the issue prior to the warranty expiring.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Condensation? Did the dealer document the complaint?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Condensation? Did the dealer document the complaint?
I have only noticed condensation on that bunk wall once last summer and it was raining and clammy outside and cold enough to need the furnace that night. Could it be condensation behind the wall? That sounds like a recipe for mold to me...ugh.

The original work order had it written down my husband said. And he signed that paper. We didn't get a copy of that though.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #8

Ceiling bubbling in X213

The dealer was going to replace the panel and then pulled it out and low and behold found water then this time found a leak. And jayco is denying the warranty claim because we were supposed to reseal the roof yearly. We did inspect it twice a year and didn't realize we had to rip out caulking and redo the roof every year. That seems insane. I would think that would open us up to more leaking if not done perfectly.

And I'm not sure how we were supposed to discover a leak when we took it to the dealer earlier this summer and they tested and said there was no leak. If the professionals can't find it, how is an average Joe supposed to? And due to their lack of finding it, we have more damage because of them.

Now I have a hunk of unusable junk that is torn apart inside and the rest of our summer vacation is wrecked. And I'll be paying on a trailer for years that we can't use.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
And I'm not sure how we were supposed to discover a leak when we took it to the dealer earlier this summer and they tested and said there was no leak. If the professionals can't find it, how is an average Joe supposed to? And due to their lack of finding it, we have more damage because of them.
If you have that info documented send JAYCO a copy. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to admit they screwed up.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #10

Ceiling bubbling in X213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If you have that info documented send JAYCO a copy. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to admit they screwed up.

The dealer never gave us a copy of the work order but my husband saw it when he signed it. He's there now taking pics of our trailer and going to ask for a copy of it.

I also have pics of what it looked like when we brought in; the time they told us that the curved panels just do that.

I wonder if he should just be bringing it home all ripped apart?