Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #1

Changes from 2012 to 2013 modles

I was looking at Jayco's web site. I see that they make a 2013 trailer, with the two livingroom slideouts. They offer, as an option, two swivel chairs in place of one of the sofa/sleepers. Hay, that great, however, when I requested that Jayco remove one of my sofa/sleepers, and replace with chairs, I was told no. The dealer contacted Jayco, and he was told no. So, I sold the sofa, and bought 2 rocker/recliners.

So, would anybody have any idea on why it is OK on a 2013 model, but not on a 2012 model? Just kind of wondering.

On a different note, I did send an e-mail to Jayco asking why I have two fresh water drain valves. I'll see if they answer that one.

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #2

"On a different note, I did send an e-mail to Jayco asking why I have two fresh water drain valves. I'll see if they answer that one."

No idea about the sofa, but mine has 2 FW drains too...one for each of the FW holding tanks. My trailer has (2) 40 gal tanks side by side.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
No idea about the sofa, but mine has 2 FW drains too...one for each of the FW holding tanks. My trailer has (2) 40 gal tanks side by side.
Hum, wonder how that works. The underbelly of my trailer is all sealed up, so I can't take a peak and see how it works. I am wondering how it takes water from one tank to another. Gravity feed? Which tank fills first? I'm hoping the one in front of the axles. I know when I bought the trailer, I was told that it had 90 gallons of fresh water, but never gave it any more thought. I usually only put enough water in the tank(s) to use the potty or wash my hands on the road. I fill the tank(s) when I get to where I'm going if there is no water hook-up.

Thanks for the information!

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #4

I don't quite understand how it works, as mine has the covered underbelly as well, but I believe they both fill pretty much at the same time. Experimenting around a bit, I've noticed that when left open, the drain spigots pretty much both flow right from when the tanks begin to fill. One starts first and just a few seconds later, the other starts. The same is true for the overflow tubes - one flows first, but the other chimes in very soon afterward. There must be some sort of equalization hose between the two tanks.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #5

If Jayco sends me an answer, I will pass it along.

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #6

If you would please ask them why their is a sticker on the right side in front of the tires that says "drain" but there is no valve or drain in sight.
Kevin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #7

Well, the only answer I got from Jayco, was, for the most part, read the owner manual.......Below is the message.

Good Morning Mr. Bond,

Thank you for contacting Jayco, Inc. All fresh tanks have 2 overflow tubes coming out, if there are valves on the ends of the overflow tubes they need to be open while filling the fresh tanks and then closed to prevent siphoning from the fresh tanks while traveling. Please refer to your owners manual on page 7-7 on draining the tanks and starting on page 7-9 on winterizing the trailer.

Cordially,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin21 View Post
If you would please ask them why their is a sticker on the right side in front of the tires that says "drain" but there is no valve or drain in sight.
Kevin, we also have that third sticker, but no drain in sight. My hubby says the person in charge of decals had a leftover one & just put it somewhere!