Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #1

Checking out the White Hawk 28DSBH

Hello

I've spent the last few months checking out travel trailers with the bunk house floor plan and around 30' in length. I like the floor plan of the Grand Design Imagine 2800BH but i just don't see the quality or attention to detail that I see in the Jayco. The smaller bathroom in the white hawk 28DSBH is what i'm stuck on. The 28BHKS was also on my list but the bunk beds are just to close together, the outdoors kitchen is nice but I want more space for my 2 kids.
So i'm around 80% sold on the white hawk and im looking for advice to get me to 100%.

I maybe staying in the camper for a few months at a time and maybe longer, making some life style changes.

Thank you
wattage77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:13 AM   #2

Welcome!!!

I haven't looked that close at the White Hawk, but is there something similar with more bathroom room in a Jay Flight?

Good luck with the purchase!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:23 AM   #3

I've never found bathroom size a big deal on most TT's. Our Keystone Bullet had a smaller bathroom then our current WhiteHawk 32 dsbh, but even with the bigger bathroom the tub, sink and potty are all the same size. Neither is big enough for a party or a buddy shower.

Myself, I'd rather have more space somewhere else if I have the choice. However my wife thinks the bigger bathroom is a great improvement. Different strokes.
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger
apr1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage77 View Post
Hello

I've spent the last few months checking out travel trailers with the bunk house floor plan and around 30' in length. I like the floor plan of the Grand Design Imagine 2800BH but i just don't see the quality or attention to detail that I see in the Jayco. The smaller bathroom in the white hawk 28DSBH is what i'm stuck on. The 28BHKS was also on my list but the bunk beds are just to close together, the outdoors kitchen is nice but I want more space for my 2 kids.
So i'm around 80% sold on the white hawk and im looking for advice to get me to 100%.

I maybe staying in the camper for a few months at a time and maybe longer, making some life style changes.

Thank you
We are entering our 3rd season with the 28DSBH and have had no issues with size of bathroom. I am 6'2" and find the shower/tub to be big enough (with the skylight). The outside door keeps the kids from running through the the trailer to use the bathroom as well as provides better air flow through the trailer.

Like someone else said, the amount of room in the rest of the trailer that you get easily makes up for the bathroom. With the deep slide out, it's a large space.

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #5

Just took delivery of our 2016 Jayco Whitehawk 28 DSBH. We are a family of five and there is plenty of space. The bathroom is plenty big and the outside access door is great to keep the kids from bringing in dirt throughout the camper. Prior to this we had a 2014 Whitehawk 28DSBH, so we have plenty experience with this floor plan and love it! The 2016's come with many improvements over the previous model years. You will not be disappointed.
mtnbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Hello

I've spent the last few months checking out travel trailers ...snip
Hello to you. Welcome to the JOF and happy trailer shopping.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #7

The jay flights do have similar floor plans and some do include larger bathrooms. It's a give and take, but I'm interested in the fiberglass sides of the white hawk.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #8

I appreciate the feedback from everyone, this is great info.
I'm moving forward with the 28dsbh.
There is just something about the feel of this TT that I can't find in any other brand.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #9

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback from everyone, this is great info.
I'm moving forward with the 28dsbh.
There is just something about the feel of this TT that I can't find in any other brand.

It's a great floor plan for a family. Congrats!

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
Old 04-27-2016, 10:12 PM   #10

Quote:
The jay flights do have similar floor plans and some do include larger bathrooms. It's a give and take, but I'm interested in the fiberglass sides of the white hawk.
Many Jay Flights are now available with fiberglass sides for an upgraded charge.
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #11

I just joined the group today and found your thread. I am interested in the same 2 trailers. The 28DSBH is a bit less expensive than the 28BHKS, but I was leaning to the kitchen slide model. I'm not really sure why but it seems roomier, and I need space for a toaster oven. I'll be watching this thread, so please post the results of your search and your likes/dislikes. Thanks!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #12

We've had the 2015 28DSBH since November 2015. Plenty enough space for two adults, 2 kids, and a large golden retriever. We bought it "as is" off the dealer lot, and only wish we had the booth dinette instead of the table and seperate chairs. Wish we had the extra storage under the booths and another sleeping berth that that would allow. Currently looking for a shade that fits the kitchen sky light, which is very bright, and hot here in Florida. The 2016 model comes with the shade already installed, ours did not.
XwingFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #13

One other thing I like about the 28BHKS model is the availability of 2 air conditioners. That's not available on the 28DSBH. We nearly melted during the day on our last summer trip. This is another minus for the Winnebago. I would have ordered one of those last year except for Winnebago's absolute refusal to add a second A/C to that model. One unit will not keep up when it's 105 outside...
Old 04-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
One other thing I like about the 28BHKS model is the availability of 2 air conditioners. That's not available on the 28DSBH. We nearly melted during the day on our last summer trip. This is another minus for the Winnebago. I would have ordered one of those last year except for Winnebago's absolute refusal to add a second A/C to that model. One unit will not keep up when it's 105 outside...

If you need 2 ACs then sounds like the 28DSBH is not for you.

You can search the forum for info and opinions on the model or feel free to ask specific questions.

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
Old 04-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #15

The size of the bathroom on our Jay Flight 28BHBE was one of the "clinchers" on the deal for us. We shower every day when we're out, and we're not small people, so having a shower bigger than the one at home is nice. You can now get that trailer with flat sides as an option too. Also, it looks like (from anecdotal evidence) they're putting a vent in the top bunk now; that's something I wish mine had.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Hello

Thank you
Wattage, we bought our White Hawk 28 DSBH last November. Ironically we were also looking at the Grand Design Imagine 2800BH. I thought the quality of the GD was there and the layout and features were ideal. The only thing we didn't care for was the interior decor, it appeared too contemporary for us not warm and cozy. The price was about $6k more than the Jayco as well.

We also looked at the 28BHKS but with a slide on the door side we felt it encroaches too much on your outdoor space (Just my opinion).

After looking for a couple months, the 28DSBH was the perfect fit for us and we knew it once we saw it and walked through it. Good luck!

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote