Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2019, 05:37 AM   #1

City Water

I have always worked under the premise that there is no such thing as a stupid question but I think I am going to break my own rule. We are about to take our Jay Flight on our first “full hook up” trip. I have a pressure regulator for the city water supply but I am not sure how it works from there... Will I still need to have my water pump turned on or will 60psi be enough pressure to operate all of our faucets (including the shower)? If so, will this bypass the intake from the fresh water tank if it is empty?
Baker1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:52 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm not familiar with the Jay flight utilities plumbing. Generally, all campers work the same way, just differently. LOL

When you are on city water supply, your pump should be turned off and 60psi will be plenty of pressure if you get that much. Many have regulated it down to 50 psi. Many carry some water in the fresh tank for flushing on the road. The pump would need to be on and the piping valves in the correct configuration.

Make sure your water heater is full and not bypassed before you turn it on.

I would spend some time in the driveway getting faniliar with the different options for city water, Normal operation( without city water supply) and other functions of the rig.

It will make the first experience a lot more pleasant. If you add your Jay Flight model to your user id, it will get some more detailed responses.

Everyone asks questions, so don't worry about that.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:06 AM   #3

The pressure behind CGs water supply is enough to run your shower, sinks, toilet, etc. The water pump is designed to draw water from a holding tank, it doesn't boost low pressure from a city water connection. A check valve in the system prevents city water from filling your fresh water tanks. Hope this helps..
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:08 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply! I live in a condo so the driveway prep is not an option... We have a 242BHS BTW. I was planning on filling the fresh water reservoir and priming the water heater anyway and leaving the pump off as a test. This is a ten day trip so I’m not super worried.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #5

Yes it does. That’s pretty much what I figured. Thanks!!