Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #1

Clear sewer connector with hydro flush

Hello, I am looking forward to my 2nd summer with our Jayhawk and I have been looking at accessories. I have seen many campers using a clear connector for the sewer hose and that seems like a good idea. I found a Valterra 45 degree hydro flush that allows you to connect a hose and flush out the black tank. Is it really useful or just a gimmick?

Thanks for you input!
maryreid1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #2

Well, if you happened to get a... ... how to put it... a mud clog at the opening when you got to dump your black water tank, it might be nice to be able to hit the "mud" with a jet of water to help unclog it. Also a good way to keep the pipe flushed after dumping the tank.

I have used one and they work well if the pipe to the tank is straight with out a bend or elbow.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #3

The clear neck is a very big help in conjunction with your black tank sprayer. It gives you a visual as to when the tank is really clean. Pretty amazing how long it takes to get the black tank to run clean water!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #4

I keep telling people, that when that when you drain that tank. Unless you flush that tank's sides also, up too the height of where that waste water line was, before you pulled that plug. This is where you can get that odor, stuck there on the tanks sides. Even though someone honestly believes that they flushed their tank. I use both the Hydro Flush, AND the threw the top flush hose while the wife takes a seat and watches that clear extension there at last. While I am inside using that threw the top flush. Especially,,, Both are done there at the last campground before arving home to put it away. My Jayco did not come with a built in tank flush.
neverenoftackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:18 PM   #5

I have one and it helps to see when the water is clear. I do hook up a hose to it and force water in that way but your not going to fill the tank from the bottom which that does, but it will clean the bottom of the tank. I have a wand that I use to put in the toilet and flush it out from the top, drain it and then fill it again by holding the foot pedal down until the tank is full again and the drain it one last time. Put my chemicals and a few gallons of water in it and park it til the next outing. We usually get out once a month for about a week at a time.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
I have one and it helps to see when the water is clear. I do hook up a hose to it and force water in that way but your not going to fill the tank from the bottom which that does, but it will clean the bottom of the tank. I have a wand that I use to put in the toilet and flush it out from the top, drain it and then fill it again by holding the foot pedal down until the tank is full again and the drain it one last time. Put my chemicals and a few gallons of water in it and park it til the next outing. We usually get out once a month for about a week at a time.
x2...I do the same process above.
Dan
Old 04-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #7

Before you spend $, watch this:

Mike & Theresa, Madison, WI
2012 Jayco White Hawk 26SRK
2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost FX4
Fatfenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #8

I disagree with one of his premiss in his demo. Why in the world,,WHY, would you place a double elbow in line with,,,,and (!!!) OK, just what he him said there at the beginning, that, that the flush syatem allows the spray to spray directly into the tank. He by installing the double el, did away with the direct flush that this is suppose to do. Now also if the drain line from your holding tank, in your unit, has a bend it will do the same thing that he did, with him using that double el.

I use this exact set up (with the only one supplied clear el) by opening the supply, closing the lower drain valve on that system, and allowing the water to spray into the tank, Even after the water fills up in the tank, TO A DEGREE< USE A TIMER HERE !!!! the spray still causes the water as it rises to swirl around inside that tank, continuous flushing. Then shut off the supply water and pull that lower drain valve and watch the clear elbow to see how many more times you have to do this until it's clear. Afterward after most of your tank shows clean, then come back with the upper wain threw the top opening to finish flushing the sides, it will only take a few up's and down's...depending on the clarity of that look threw el.

BUT you still have to allow that tank to almost fill with water to began with, in order to allow most of the waste to flow out to start with when you first decide that you can not take that smell any longer,,,or your guest start to make excuses to not come over, People,,, it's the bacteria that is attacking something,,, you can guess what and how much.
neverenoftackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:47 PM   #9

For what it's worth, leaving your poo tank 1/4 full of water while you drive will also slosh off the "Klingons" on the sidewall of your tank. If your next destination has a dump station, or if a rest area en route has a dump station, empty the tank!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverenoftackle View Post
I disagree with one of his premiss in his demo. Why in the world,,WHY, would you place a double elbow in line with,,,,and (!!!) OK, just what he him said there at the beginning, that, that the flush syatem allows the spray to spray directly into the tank. He by installing the double el, did away with the direct flush that this is suppose to do. Now also if the drain line from your holding tank, in your unit, has a bend it will do the same thing that he did, with him using that double el.
What he was trying to show (simulate) was TT where the black tank drain was not in a direct, "straight" line to the black tank itself. I believe that is what you were saying... In that instance, the water from the hose will not and cannot shoot back into that tank so any flushing action is simply the tank refilling without any "jet spray" effect on its sides.

My drain is not a straight shot to the tank, so I'm not spending any money on it. For others, it may work just fine, but how do we really know?

Mike & Theresa, Madison, WI
2012 Jayco White Hawk 26SRK
2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost FX4
Fatfenders is offline   Reply With Quote