Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2022, 02:16 PM   #1

Comes with a Blackstone?

Hi,

We bought our new 2022 28bhok a month and a half ago. The dealer and Jayco website still says our model comes with the new Blackstone griddle. Well today I opened up the box for the first time to find an off brand Capital Griddle. I called our dealer and they told me that Jayco isn't using Blackstone griddles anymore. She told me they are using other brands now. The Jayco website still specifically says they come with a Blackstone brand. She then told me to call Jayco customer service.

Has anyone else with new tt’s come with other off brands of griddles? Or is our dealer just trying to get out of helping us?

Chris
airski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:21 PM   #2

Mine came with a voucher for a Blackstone. Which I did get but my dealer knew nothing about the process and told me it was all done through a 3rd party "flemming sales". I don't think it's your dealer running you around.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by airski View Post
Hi,

We bought our new 2022 28bhok a month and a half ago. The dealer and Jayco website still says our model comes with the new Blackstone griddle. Well today I opened up the box for the first time to find an off brand Capital Griddle. I called our dealer and they told me that Jayco isn't using Blackstone griddles anymore. She told me they are using other brands now. The Jayco website still specifically says they come with a Blackstone brand. She then told me to call Jayco customer service.

Has anyone else with new tt’s come with other off brands of griddles? Or is our dealer just trying to get out of helping us?

Chris
Dealer is not trying to get out of helping you. You are up against two issues, the first being the Supply Chain that continues to wreak havoc on eveybody and the 2nd being the disclaimer on the web-site and printed in the brochures.

Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models and features without notice or obligation.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:04 PM   #4

I’m familiar with the Blackstone. We were sure disappointed to see we got a Capital Grill brand. We’ll try it out…maybe we’ll like it more ��*♂️
Old 06-20-2022, 03:26 PM   #5

We waited two months for the Blackstone griddle to be shipped after we bought our 2022 25RB. It's a shame that Jayco has opted for a different supplier because I personally think Blackstone is the best. I bought one for use at home after using the smaller model on my RV. Good luck with JAYCO customer service. They told me to pound sand when I asked about the missing drawer on my outside kitchen that was listed and shown on the window sticker of my unit. That's when I found out that Thor bought out JAYCO a few years back and it's not the same quality product as it used to be and the service department is just a complaint monitor.
charliehemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:29 PM   #6

If it says blackstone on the included options for the "window sticker" you paid for it and they owe you a blackstone. If they want to change it they need to take it off the document that details what they are selling you. They also sometimes call it a "price sheet" instead of the formal "Monroney sticker" you get on a car. However, if its listed on the price sheet you paid for it and they need to make it right.

I'm not a lawyer but pointing out things that were missing on my northpoint got them addressed. Of course this is the second rv I've bought from my dealer and they probably hope I come back again. Your dealer experience may vary.
pc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:48 PM   #7

I'm sure there is fine print that says specifications are subject to change. Good luck.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 07:42 PM   #8

I would contact Blackstone directly. I am sure they don't want a black eye due to Jaycos fine print and a dealers incompetence. I bet they'll make it right with you
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:19 AM   #9

The “sticker” only says Outside Griddle for the options, it doesn’t provide a brand. I understand that the website has advertised Blackstone, but those have just been too hard to get ahold of. You essentially got the option you paid for, “Outside Griddle.” Nobody needs to make anything right, unless you had a custom order and had some expectation that you ordered a Blackstone. Otherwise you did what most people do and bought something off the lot with whatever options it was delivered with.

I also have a 2022 Eagle HT that came with a Capital Griddle vs Blackstone. Is is fine. It is essentially the same thing. It works well and we don’t have any issues with it.
sgtkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:21 AM   #10
Site Team

If you search Youtube you will find that many rv brands have gone to the Capital Grill. It has to be heads above the junk grill that came with mine.

I suspect they got a better deal with this company. It looks like the rv models have the fold up grease splatter screen that is not on the Capitol or the Blackstone if purchased separately.

No matter what you perceive, they can and do change things from the brochures.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:12 AM   #11

Same here. The hose that Jayco supplied needs an adapter to work on this griddle. i already had a blackstone with a lid and stand so I sold the capital griddle.
Toms Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:28 AM   #12

Quote:
I’m familiar with the Blackstone. We were sure disappointed to see we got a Capital Grill brand. We’ll try it out…maybe we’ll like it more ��*♂️
We have a 22" Blackstone and my son has a Capital griddle. Both around a year old. We have used each others griddles several times and really never saw much difference. Both work well after seasoning.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:59 AM   #13

…used the Capital Grill last night for the first time. It fired right up and worked well with the supplied connections. I won’t push the issue. Still, their salesman need to stop using the term “Blackstone” and Jayco should really remove the fancy pictures on their website of all the Blackstone griddles. It’s really misleading and false advertising. In the grand scheme of things, it’s no biggie… (of course me handling this way is exactly why they keep the website ads, why change it?)
Old 06-22-2022, 08:58 AM   #14

Quote:
…used the Capital Grill last night for the first time. It fired right up and worked well with the supplied connections. I won’t push the issue. Still, their salesman need to stop using the term “Blackstone” and Jayco should really remove the fancy pictures on their website of all the Blackstone griddles. It’s really misleading and false advertising. In the grand scheme of things, it’s no biggie… (of course me handling this way is exactly why they keep the website ads, why change it?)
My 2021 NP 377RLBH came with the Blackstone. My buddy's 2022 NP 382FLRB came with the Capital griddle. They're both very capable griddles. Personally, I actually prefer his Capital griddle.. specifically they way they drain the grease. Blackstone's set up for grease drainage is sub par. No matter how you bend the hanger some of the grease tends to miss it's target and ends up running down the side of the container and ends up everywhere else.

I'm not sure why they chose the method that they did, I'm sure it has something to do with the wind deflector surrounding the griddle. Either way, it's nowhere's near as slick a system as the freestanding Blackstones.

The Capital has the drain hole in the front corner of the griddle and the grease basin is directly below that hole, so the grease never misses it's mark. The only downside (to me) is that the grease cup is smaller, and it's easy to overload it if cooking too much bacon. (We tend to make big breakfasts).

Performance wise, they both get the job done well, so don't be disappointed if you receive a Capital instead of Blackstone griddle.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:52 AM   #15

My Pinnacle came with a Sunbeam griddle...haven't tried it yet....but I don't like the location of the J-port.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
....but I don't like the location of the J-port.
Can't say that I blame you. My 377 has what they call the "outdoor kitchen", even though it ain't. (I got spoiled with the outdoor kitchen on my eagle.) I don't use the griddle in the "kitchen" because the grease causes a film to form on the backside of the compartment door, as well as the hallway window glass above.

I stow and transport it in the kitchen compartment, but take it out and use it on a folding table. There was an earlier thread today as well about the J-port

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...one-96238.html
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:30 PM   #17
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Dealer is not trying to get out of helping you. You are up against two issues, the first being the Supply Chain that continues to wreak havoc on eveybody and the 2nd being the disclaimer on the web-site and printed in the brochures.

Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models and features without notice or obligation.
What Jayco or any other manufacturer can reserve the right to do and what they legally can do are often incompatible concepts. WalMart or Target can put up a sign in the parking lot claiming they aren’t responsible for damage to cars caused by shopping carts, but that’s complete baloney too. Ford or GMC can reserve the right to discontinue or change a feature without notice, but that doesn’t mean they can send you a pre-ordered truck with a V6 because they ran out of V8’s. If the paperwork says Blackstone but has a Capital the owner deserves an explanation and a comp if there’s a difference in quality.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
We have a 22" Blackstone and my son has a Capital griddle. Both around a year old. We have used each others griddles several times and really never saw much difference. Both work well after seasoning.
If you have the 22" Blackstone compared to a 22" Capital there may not be a difference, but there is a very large difference between the 17" Blackstone and 17" Capital. The Blackstone has an H shaped burner while the Capital has an T shaped burner and the T shaped burner, burns in the center of the grill and the rest of the grill remains cool.
mtjag7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
What Jayco or any other manufacturer can reserve the right to do and what they legally can do are often incompatible concepts. WalMart or Target can put up a sign in the parking lot claiming they aren’t responsible for damage to cars caused by shopping carts, but that’s complete baloney too. Ford or GMC can reserve the right to discontinue or change a feature without notice, but that doesn’t mean they can send you a pre-ordered truck with a V6 because they ran out of V8’s. If the paperwork says Blackstone but has a Capital the owner deserves an explanation and a comp if there’s a difference in quality.
My cut sheet says Blackstone but I got the Capital which is at best, NOT GOOD. I called Jayco and their paperwork says Capital but the dealer's paperwork says Blackstone.
mtjag7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:45 PM   #20

I also got a Capital that I am not pleased with. Only the center gets hot, leaving a very small area to actually cook.
Oogie34 is offline   Reply With Quote