Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2017, 04:01 AM   #1

Converter buzzing and cooling fan ???

My breaker panel/converter is buzzing in my 2013 30dsre. I pulled the cover and checked all the wires and connections. The buzzing is coming from the converter side. I have read on here that it may be the capacitor going bad. Is it fixable or easier to just replace the converter? As always thanks for any help
Old 06-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

I have the same White Hawk which I brought new. Do you have the Progressive Dynamics (PD) 4045? I was having similar issues and I called PD direct and talked with a technician who actually walked me through a complete test sequence. Thankfully there wasn't anything wrong, just made noise now and then. If the converter is going bad, they do sell the converter side that's easily replaced. As an aside, my WH is holding up very well with over 20K miles on it. Did replace the tires last year. Was thinking about getting a new one but we really like the floor plan and all the bugs are worked out so we'll keep for a few more years. Cheers.....
BF&W Nisa and Sophie the Chewinnie
2017 Ford F-150, 3.5 Ecoboost, Max Tow
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
Bstar1952 is offline   Reply With Quote