Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2021, 03:44 PM   #1

Couch replacement

Looking to upgrade our Jack knife couch in a 2016 264bhw. Couch it came with is pretty soft and uncomfortable. You feel the frame while sitting. Has anyone done this?
Fdnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:19 PM   #2

Different TT and different couch but yes, I replaced a couch. Ours was an “L” shape with a fold out air mattress. Replacement was Thomas Payne theater seating which fit our space very nicely.
Check under the sofa to understand the space (is anything under the sofa like the furnace). Measure the space and go shopping.
I tried leaving the replacement seating loose which didn’t work out, a couple of rough roads would move it around so I wound up screwing it down.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:48 PM   #3

We have a 2020 284BHS, the jack knife sofa sat directly in front of the TV and was not comfortable to watch TV for any period of time and required an Ottoman that was always in the way while not on the couch. We replaced the sofa with a RecPro power reclining loveseat that works great. It fit almost perfectly in the space provided and is very comfortable to recline back and watch our favorite shows. I did have to tap into a nearby junction box and run a 110v receptacle but that was easy. RecPro has non-powered units and other configurations as well. Very happy with the upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
20210508_104623r.jpg