Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #1

Couple of things to check in PDI . . .

Here are a couple of things I did not think to look at or would not have known to look for when I was inspecting my new 267BHSW before taking possession if it in February:

Low point drains not extended through enclosed underbelly. First pic is before I fixed it, second one is after. Had to remove several of the self-tapping installation screws on the underbelly enclosure to get to the cold water low point drain that would have emptied all of the cold water into the area above the underbelly enclosure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo of cold water low point drain not extended thru underbelly enclosure.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	43450

Name:	photo of cold water low point drain extended thru underbelly enclosure after I fixed it.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	43451

And something that appears to be far more serious . . . Metal siding installed too high so rubber roof membrane is sitting on top of sharp top edge of the siding, which would lead to cutting of the roof membrane and leaks by the sharp metal edge underneath. My finger is pressing down on the membrane right next to where the sharp metal siding edge is protruding upwards under the membrane, in an area next to the rolled up awning (the dark material you see at the top of the photo). I would expect that the roof membrane would likely be cut just by inadvertently stepping on the edge.

Name:	photo of roof membrane on top of metal siding edge.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	43452

Also, the rubber roof membrane was not adequately glued down to the roof -- I had not noticed the metal edge problem, but only a couple of spots where the membrane was bubbling up indicating failed or no glue underneath. The RV tech at my dealer noticed the metal edge problem when I had the bubbled up membrane inspected. Estimated work hours to repair/resolve this total 35, and am currently waiting on Jayco to approve the warranty work.

Hope this helps someone avoid similar problems when buying a new, or even a used, travel trailer.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #2

I just keep thinking, Thor, Thor, Thor.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote