Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 05:41 AM   #1

Covered up RV for Summer in SW Florida

Thought I would share a few pics of our RV covered up for the summer in SW Florida. The Adco cover fit like a glove very pleased with it. First time putting it on out of the box was a little confusing being on the roof but as you see figured it out.
When we return in November I figured it would be easier to place an A frame ladder on each side of the rv and start rolling it up from the rear to the front and place it in the carrying bag and reverse the process when covering again.
Thanks,
John
Attached Thumbnails
100_5569.jpg   100_5575.jpg   100_5448.jpg  
Whistler61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:45 AM   #2

Nice job. Just curious- how long did it take you, and were you solo? I'd imagine that thing is a beast of a size when it's not on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
54GFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54GFL View Post
Nice job. Just curious- how long did it take you, and were you solo? I'd imagine that thing is a beast of a size when it's not on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Took one hour & had three people including myself. Surprising enough the material will fold up pretty tight ( Came with it own storage bag approximately 3' x3')
When we return in November I believe two people will be able to do it due to the fact that we will roll it up from the rear.
John
Whistler61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 AM   #4

Will this cover trap moisture? Causing mold?

Steve
Bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:22 AM   #5

I lay my cover on the ground - the cover side in contact with trailer DOWN. I fold the the cover sides in towards the cover TOP - in half, then in half again. (if the cover is laid out on the grass, a broom will clean off grass as you fold the cover.) After the sides are folded in, fold them in over the cover TOP, the folded in cover should be about three to four feet wide (or as wide as your cover bag). Begin rolling up the cover FROM THE REAR.
To reinstall the cover, one person on the roof, begins unrolling and unfolding the cover from the FRONT of the trailer. The cover sides will unfold as the cover is rolled to the end of the trailer.
To remove, begin at the rear of the trailer, and "walk" the cover forward, and push the whole thing off the front of the trailer. Lay it out and refold and roll, then store.
I do this by myself with a 30' TT, but much faster with a helper. 20-30 min on or off.
jbrnigan is offline   Reply With Quote