Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
very nice... how much snow do you think it can hold?

is the piping strong enough you could put corrugated sheet metal on it? Seems the tarp may not hold up with a lot of snow and no support between the poles but maybe it is strong enough...
I have hope that it will hold snow weight. The roof pipes are all .085 wall. and I did add ratchet straps to each roof truss to help with wall spreading. Time will tell. If it looks under stress, I'll have to get out the old roof rake and clear the snow.
WisconsinCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #22

Be very careful on how much snow you let collect up there. Several years ago we had a customer that we were building a house for, he put up a similar structure to protect his tractor during the winter till we got the barn up. He spend a lot of money and time and it all crashed down with about 5 inches of heavy wet snow one night, it was a total loss, it pushed the peak down and pulled the sides in, bent almost every pole.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #23

Not much rain and snow, but LOTS of sun

The thing I'm most concerned about here in New Mexico is not the moisture, but the ultra violet sun light. Anything plastic or anything prone to fading really takes a beating here. How do others here in the southwest deal with it? Yeh, it's been sitting on the dealers lot uncovered, but I'm going to have to take care of it a lot longer than they did. Suggestions? Experience?
Fyouberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #24

If you have the space, a Carolina Carport is a great option. You can get metal sides for it to keep the sun completely off the trailer if you want.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:39 AM   #25

I plan on getting a Carolina Carport, but unfortunately it will not be before next spring. I have to prepare the ground before the CC can be constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
If you have the space, a Carolina Carport is a great option. You can get metal sides for it to keep the sun completely off the trailer if you want.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #26

Looks good. How is it standing up to the snow?
suzieshome is offline   Reply With Quote