Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2018, 08:00 AM   #1

Cracked kitchen sink

Just returned from a trip to Holland Michigan. During the trip we noticed our kitchen sink was cracked and leaking. How does one replace the sink and where would I find the replacement sink? I have a 2017 whitehawk 28dsbh. I am not that handy of a guy. Should I take it in to the dealer or is it an easy fix?
Armi96r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armi96r View Post
Just returned from a trip to Holland Michigan. During the trip we noticed our kitchen sink was cracked and leaking. How does one replace the sink and where would I find the replacement sink? I have a 2017 whitehawk 28dsbh. I am not that handy of a guy. Should I take it in to the dealer or is it an easy fix?
Unfortunately nothing involving plumbing is an easy fix. You can probably go back thru Jayco and get a replacement sink that will fit the opening. If still under warrantee I would go back to the dealer. If not I would [as I did] do it myself. The OEM plastic sinks are junk. They are increadibly thin in the corners which is where mine busted. We traveled with the coffeemaker and a few counter top items secured in the sink and padded with towels. Apparantly the vibration during travel flexed the sink causing it to crack in 2 corners.

I replaced the OEM with a double bowl stainless I purchased via amazon. The specifics are documented on another thread that you should be able to access via the search function. Others have used the same replacement sink. In my case the new sink required me to make the hole in the counter top slightly bigger which is not that difficult. It just requires careful measurements and a circular saw. The most difficult part is connecting the new faucets [the OEM faucets are junk too]. Standard fixtures from Lowes or H Depo will fit but the space is tight under the counter. The secret is to install the faucets into the sink BEFORE setting the sink in the opening.

DW loves the new sink.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #3

Go to Youtube and do a search for replacing RV sink, lots of videos. After watching you can decide if its something you want to try yourself, its a pretty easy job, otherwise take it to the dealer.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #4

Sink

One of mine has been cracked for bout 8 yrs. It is a 2" crack and I sprayed Flex Seal on the under side of the crack and it has not leaked. Worked for me.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #5

If you have a local home repair guy you use he could do it a lot cheaper than the rv dealer.