Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 06:23 AM   #21

Unfortunately, the dealer nor Jayco has to supply the trays. You are SECOND owner. We sell USED vehicles with aftermarket wheels all the time. It's not the dealers obligation to restore the vehicle to it's "as new" condition. Who knows, the previous owner may have said "Hey..we'll need these in the next rig" and then claim they never came with it. It's horrible, I know, but it's how the used vehicle market is. BUT...you'd think the dealer would offer a cost + solution for you. Just as a good will gesture.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Old 01-19-2022, 06:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
One of the many problems with our country. Too many people feel they are a victim and are entitled to something. No accountability for ones own actions (or inaction), it’s always someone else’s fault.
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner. Thank you all for playing.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:28 AM   #23

To put it simply, let's say I bought an 8 month old TV off Facebook Marketplace and then only later discovered I was missing the remote control. I asked the original owner if they have the remote that should have come with the TV. They say they never saw one in the box (maybe true, maybe a lie, who knows).

Could I then go to the Best Buy store where they bought it and demand a replacement remote control? No. Could I then go to LG who made the TV and demand a remote control? No. They, and I, would laugh you out of the store.

This is the exact situation you are describing here. You bought a used vehicle. This is not Jayco's or the dealer's issue. Why do you feel cheated? You got exactly what you paid for. If anyone was cheated, it was the original purchaser. Why do you feel entitled to recompense?

It's unfortunate you did not realize your mistake when you bought a used vehicle, but this is on you, not Jayco or the dealership.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Old 01-19-2022, 09:44 AM   #24

Kind of wonder if the first owner kept them and said they were not included with the RV from the factory. Never know the real story.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:02 AM   #25

A few of thoughts. The RV industry is very different from the automotive industry in regards to transfer of original warranty.

Even in the case of transferable warranty there can be limitations. For example, about a year ago I bought a used Chevy truck. Pretty pristine, had some factory warranty left in addition to getting a year B2B as it was a CPO. It was supposed to be a Midnight Edition and the RPO codes proved it. At some point, either the previous owner or someone at the dealership, swapped out the parts that made it a Midnight Edition. And I found out most of this AFTER the purchase. That being the case, and being used, there is nothing I can do. And why would I expect GM or the dealer to do anything about it?

So that leads me to a question, was the fact that there were supposed to be recliners discovered before, or after purchase?
Old 01-19-2022, 10:28 AM   #26

SouthCo, I don't appreciate you indicating that I am someone who feels entitled or thinks I deserve something. I work hard and have all my life. I pay taxes and help the poor. You have described me inaccurately here. Regarding my purchase of a "used" Jayco, I fully understand that I have agreed to an "as is" transaction here. I have only sought to expose a company for how they have handled me as a long time customer. I ONLY asked for parts to be included in the build and options ordered on this coach. I am not expecting Jayco to fix everything wrong with this product, just include the missing parts. The coach is only 8 months old. My argument has been all throughout that this is not a warranty claim of broken or defective parts - rather, missing parts that need to be included. I bought the coach knowing these were not included, but learned that the original owners did not know that they were suppose to be included. In fact, the salesman did not even disclose the feature to them. They were not aware. My "wrong assumption" was that Jayco would stand behind any missing components after warranty was dropped. My argument is solid, but my assumption that Jayco would make sure coach was fully completed was wrong. I wanted to clarify. Please do not hurt me any longer with your gross assumptions. I am an honest, hard-working person merely seeking to right a wrong.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:34 AM   #27

16WhiteColly, I understand your thoughts. I know the owners I bought from and they would never do this. One of the problems I have with Jayco here is that they assume the worst. They even stated that stealing might have been the case or that I am seeking to better myself by getting extra parts. That characterization is really a sad tactic in their defense of missing parts. Customers should be treated right and not assumed to be malicious or evil. I realize there are a lot of evil-doers, but many are not this way. One thing that would have been so helpful here is that the factory accurately accounted for parts as the coach leaves Indiana and goes to the dealer. The dealer is not exempt either. The dealer should have correctly checked in the coach and verified completion of the build. That is just the simple end of it. This could have been avoided.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanhawk View Post
SouthCo, I don't appreciate you indicating that I am someone who feels entitled or thinks I deserve something. I work hard and have all my life. I pay taxes and help the poor. You have described me inaccurately here. Regarding my purchase of a "used" Jayco, I fully understand that I have agreed to an "as is" transaction here. I have only sought to expose a company for how they have handled me as a long time customer. I ONLY asked for parts to be included in the build and options ordered on this coach. I am not expecting Jayco to fix everything wrong with this product, just include the missing parts. The coach is only 8 months old. My argument has been all throughout that this is not a warranty claim of broken or defective parts - rather, missing parts that need to be included. I bought the coach knowing these were not included, but learned that the original owners did not know that they were suppose to be included. In fact, the salesman did not even disclose the feature to them. They were not aware. My "wrong assumption" was that Jayco would stand behind any missing components after warranty was dropped. My argument is solid, but my assumption that Jayco would make sure coach was fully completed was wrong. I wanted to clarify. Please do not hurt me any longer with your gross assumptions. I am an honest, hard-working person merely seeking to right a wrong.
This is the most interesting thread on the forum! Dude, you have to let this go, but it is super entertaining.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:37 AM   #29

DocBrown, The package and options were a known factor. The build sheet even verifies that. Jayco rep and dealer verify that these should have been included along with the ordered recliners. Really no fudging in the matter.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:53 AM   #30

Colemanhawk, I don’t think your getting it yet ( you deserve nothing) as the second owner & should expect nothing. Just buy what you need and move on.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #31

Quote:
In fact, the salesman did not even disclose the feature to them. They were not aware.
And again that is where your frustration should be focused. You need to name/blame the dealership and quit making JAYCO the bad guy.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:11 AM   #32

So this thread isn't going how the OP intended...

Also FWIW I think the OP certainly is being unreasonable and is acting entitled.... It sucks you didn't get an item in your USED trailer which you think you are owned while Jayco clearly states their warranty is non transferrable.

In this case the customer is wrong...
Old 01-19-2022, 11:15 AM   #33

Did you offer to just pay for them? I understand your feelings. But customer service has become a very iffy thing in general. Would they be more likely to get you as a repeat customer if they were nice to you? Sure. Right now (and maybe for a long time) they don't care. They're virtually naming their prices at this point too. Pandemic fever I guess.The RV manufacturers have been consistent though. I almost bought used and knew that what I was buying was as-is, unless I purchased an after-market warranty. In the end it was one of the issues that pushed me to getting a new one. I don't think you feel entitled. I didn't get that sense. But like me you're wishing for a customer service ethic that just isn't out there anymore.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:23 AM   #34

Customer is NEVER right?

Quote:

Sorry I offended you but you continue to think Jayco owes you something. They did not sell you the used trailer.

The fact that you work hard and help people is commendable. I have no doubt you are a good person. But that has nothing to do with this situation.

Lastly, you didn’t expose any wrongdoing by Jayco. You have only proved what I said as you continue to consider yourself a victim and want to Jayco to be responsible and give you something they don’t owe you.

You also blame the dealer for possibly not catching the missing items at delivery. There is something called the PDI. The original owner checks and is just as at fault for not knowing something was missing. And you bought from the original owner. Maybe you should ask them to provide the missing items.

I do hope you enjoy your new to you camper and that this minor issue doesn’t ruin it for you. Take care…
Old 01-19-2022, 11:30 AM   #35

Coleman I feel for the situation but have to agree with everyone else. In my case we purchased new and am taking our trailer in for the first time after purchase. One of the items to be "fixed" is a missing cabinet in the bathroom that our model should have. We called it out on our purchase walkthrough along with a few other cabinet fit/finish issues. All of these we are finally getting fixed (or hope to, we will see..) But as the first/original owner its my responsibility to get these fixed under the warranty, if I care to. Sounds like the original owner didn't care or want to go through the hassle of getting them. For us we can really use the extra cabinet/shelf, but the trays that we have we could live with or without.

If you want them just buy them they should easily be able to order them based off your VIN or make your own better ones (which honestly wouldn't be hard) and call it good.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #36

Wow. Ive never expected anything extra from anyone. I was merely highlighting how Jayco dealt with me on this matter. I will say this again after 5X of saying it. I know the stupid warranty doesn't go beyond the original owner. My opinion was that this simply needs to be included if it was part of the original build. They can send the dumb trays to the original owner at this point or to China. I flipping don't care. It's not about getting the silly trays. It is about the principle matter of equipping the coach as it was ordered and intended to be completed. That's it.
All of you have a lot of animosity towards me on this. I think that's unfair. You've commented in a way that deems me stupid for thinking what I have. Really? Is it wrong to expect manufacturers to complete the build as it was ordered? Who cares about the stupid "so called" great warranty from Jayco!? I never thought this was a warranty issue.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:46 AM   #37

The way I would look at it is that if Jayco had done something to satisfy your request, you'd have had a 'pleasant surprise', but I just don't think there's justification for a complaint here. The 1st-owner only policy has been in place for at least a decade or two. Look at it this way, even if you buy the items out of your own pocket, you're probably still coming out way ahead versus had you purchased a brand new trailer.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:46 AM   #38

Quote:
I thought that fairness was a good business model? Am I wrong here? This may be the last Jayco for me.
In your first post you ASKED and people responded.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:56 AM   #39

You’re not going to get any sympathy here. Your problem is with the original purchaser. Should have been resolved by them. If the pdi missed it, its on them. The jury of your peers has reached a decision. Suck it up, buttercup. Jayco doesn’t owe you squat.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:13 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctardi View Post
This sounds like it's between you and the previous owner. Neither Jayco nor the Dealer were involved in your transaction. Surely you inspected what you were buying, and negotiated your price based on exactly what you were getting, with no promises of anything other than what you had seen being included.
Yes, this. The unit went through TWO pre-delivery inspections. The original owner's and yours, and the issue was missed on both. Have you considered working with the original owner to help you out? If I were the seller I would be more than happy to spend a bit of time on the phone with the original dealer to get this ironed out for you. Might be hard to do now as they know the unit has changed hands, but worth a try.
Otherwise, look at it as you got a great deal on a barely used unit, just a couple of hundred less good than you thought because a couple of pieces were missing.
And I also wanted to say that the unit being just a couple of months old is just a red herring. Used is used. Could be 2 months, 2 years or 20 years old and would make little difference.
Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, recliner trays, warranty