Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 01:35 PM   #41

Absolutely correct. Well said.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:35 PM   #42

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLo View Post
This is the most interesting thread on the forum! Dude, you have to let this go, but it is super entertaining.
Please pass the popcorn.
Some people just ain't takin' the right dose of their medications.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:44 PM   #43

This actually points to a very common practice of dealers having to “rob” TT on the lot to satisfy missing things Manufacturer didn’t install or ship with RV that is going out the door. BUT then the forget to “restock” the poor robbed trailer. And since there are insane people who rush the PDI, guess what they don’t have? Table thingys! This has nothing to do with this guys plight (or non-plight, lol), but it is likely what happened to the first guy.

PSA - use a PDI checklist kids.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:16 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanhawk View Post
DocBrown, The package and options were a known factor. The build sheet even verifies that. Jayco rep and dealer verify that these should have been included along with the ordered recliners. Really no fudging in the matter.
Sorry, but you are dancing around my question. It's really a yes or no answer. Are you saying you knowingly bought this unit missing the recliners, or not? It's yes, you knew before you bought it, or no, you didn't know. Doesn't matter if the dealer knew. Did you know? If you did know, did you stipulate that they be put in as a condition of sale? That would have been the time to pursue this. Or was this all after the fact?

I'm getting feeling that this is all after the fact and you were not aware until you saw the build sheet after taking delivery.

That said, if something was missing on delivery, that's between the original purchaser, the dealer, and Jayco. It's legally a used trailer. Doesn't matter if it's 10 days old or 10 years. I personally would never expect them to supply something that is missing. It simply is not their responsibility. Just as I cannot expect GM to supply me with the wheels, tires, running boards, and emblems to restore my truck to a Midnight Edition.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #45

Geez people,

Some of the comments are kinda harsh.

Thanks ColemanHawk for pointing out something else I need to look for when my MH finally arrives.

"I bought the coach knowing these were not included, but learned that the original owners did not know that they were suppose to be included. In fact, the salesman did not even disclose the feature to them. They were not aware."

I never new there were supposed to be trays.

Regards,

John
2019 Chevrolet Silverado
2017 Grand Design 2150RB (Traded in)
2016 GMC Canyon (Traded in)
Old 01-19-2022, 02:41 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Geez people,

Thanks ColemanHawk for pointing out something else I need to look for when my MH finally arrives.

Regards,

John
It varies by model so I would check the brochure. Also since the COVID supply issues people have reported the furniture being installed has changed periodically.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Geez people,

"I bought the coach knowing these were not included, but learned that the original owners did not know that they were suppose to be included. In fact, the salesman did not even disclose the feature to them. They were not aware."

Regards,

John
That still doesn't answer the question. He says he knew it didn't come with them, but doesn't disclose he knew before the delivery if they were part of the OEM build or not. Those are 2 different things. Sounds to me like he found out after the fact they were supposed to be there and now wants something for nothing. And I'm not being harsh. I'd like to understand what the timeline is here. Straight answers can prevent a lot of misunderstanding.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:20 PM   #48

Quote:
Geez people,

Regards,

John
It would be up to the original owner to pursue this, you are out of the loop. Sounds like he did not know what he was buying, to not catch that missing.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:30 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16WhiteColly View Post
It would be up to the original owner to pursue this, you are out of the loop. Sounds like he did not know what he was buying, to not catch that missing.
I am not out of the loop, I read every post.

Even if he was mistaken in what he though he bought or how Jayco customer service should or shouldn't have responded, some of the posts are mean spirited and mocking.

Regards,

John
2019 Chevrolet Silverado
2017 Grand Design 2150RB (Traded in)
2016 GMC Canyon (Traded in)
Old 01-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #50
Site Team

Thread Closed
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Closed Thread

Tags