Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #1

Dang Squirrels

Just a word of warning, squirrels find propane hoses tasty. I had one gnaw a hole in mine recently and I hope he got a good blast in the face. Another warning, good luck getting a new hose from Jayco and my camper is less than 2 years old.

I spent 4 hours back and forth between them and my dealer. Dealer says to get a part number from Jayco and we'll order you one... I call Jayco and they have no clue what I need. There's a part number on a tag on the hose I say, it's simple, 24 feet long, female flare on one end and pipe thread on the other, 1/2 I.D. hose. Nope, no clue, we'll email you a diagram so you can point out what you need. Lo and behold on the diagram its the same number I told them was on the hose. Another phone call to them, Oh, you need a propane hose, duh.... yeah here's the number, its a different number in our parts system. Call dealer and give this to them and they'll order it from us and sell it to you, we can't sell it directly to you. Grrrr

Next day dealer calls and tells me the number Jayco gave me is just for the bulk hose, no fittings, but we have a 17 footer in stock if that'll work. Sheesh, I told them 3 times (at least) that it was 24 that I needed, can't stretch it another 7 feet Mr Wizard.

Lets try Amazon, nope, Camping World, nope. Found a place near St Louis called MB Sturgis that will custom make any propane hose you need at what I thought was a reasonable price. Moral of the story is Jayco makes campers but good luck getting a part from them. I guarantee they have them already made up hanging somewhere on the production line but they don't have any spares.

Sorry for the rant, whew...
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #2

I would think a propane supply store could build one in about 20 minutes
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #3

That hose kit if it's like the last two trailers I've had, the kit/hose is readily available. Amazon has them as well as Camping world.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #4

Its the main hose from the regulator to a distribution block in the back. The 1/2 inch ID part and the fact its 24 feet long are what makes it hard to get. I didn't want to piece it together with two or three parts either.

The point I'm trying to make is: I don't have to call GM every time I need a part for my truck just so the dealer can order it. I'm well aware of the internet for finding parts and that's what I ultimately had to do and I think that's stupid.

Ok, dealer can't help, call manufacturer, guess what, they're no help either. By the way my dealer suggested a heavy truck repair place fabricating a hose with air line tubing. Over $200, no way....

There's no sense in the process I had to go through and I'm trying to warn others in advance to save time and look outside of the manufacturer for help because they are clueless about their own product.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote