Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2019, 05:23 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to dawnpawli
dawnpawli

Question on 2018 Eagle 330 RSTS. I've had a water leak on the front bedroom closet for quite some time. The dealer originally said it was coming from one of the water valves used for a clothes washer, if you planned on having one, don't have a clothes washer. Still have the leak and the dealer said he did a water test and didn't see a leak. I have a fiberglass nose on the trailer and looked for a possible area where the water could enter without success. My trailer is still under warranty and I've had multiple issues with this unit since I've purchased it but this water leak is the most annoying since the closet is used for storing linens and if I do, they get wet whenever it rains and eventually the wood inside the closet will rot. Has anyone else experienced this problem with a 330rsts?
dawnpawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #2

My 2019 330RSTS had a water leak in that area. Thought my storage door was leaking, resealed and still leaky. Looked at all the seals around the cap and roof, nothing. Took apart the closet and found it was coming from outside sprayer water line. We were on the road when I figured it out and ended up cutting the line and installing a sharkbite cap. No more leak.

This spring I found the PEX tubing to threaded fitting at the outside wall was not sealing. I found a suitable replacement fitting at Menards and it's totally dry now. The challenge was that it barely leaked because it was mostly airlocked before we used the sprayer. Once we started using the outside sprayer, it leaked pretty heavily.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to dawnpawli
water leak

morleyz- thanks for the info. Since it's still under warranty, I informed the dealer of this and they said they will look into this. So far, what the dealer means is for me to fix the problem, the warranty isn't worth the piece of paper it's written on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleyz View Post
...This spring I found the PEX tubing to threaded fitting at the outside wall was not sealing. I found a suitable replacement fitting at Menards and it's totally dry now. The challenge was that it barely leaked because it was mostly airlocked before we used the sprayer. Once we started using the outside sprayer, it leaked pretty heavily.
dawnpawli is offline   Reply With Quote