Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #1

De winterizing

We sold our home and new house won’t be built until June so we are going to live in our 23 RB until then . How do I prepare it to start using it after it was winterized ? Appreciate all suggestions.

Steven
Old 01-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #2

Hook up fresh water and run it through all your lines until no more pink comes out. Do this while the hot water heater is still bypassed. Then turn the heater valves back to normal operation and run more water through while filling the hot water heater. After the hot water heater is filled you can turn on your hot water heater. Where you live, you might also want to get a heated water hose to keep it from freezing. Good luck. Your low point drains may be open. You will know if they are, then close them as well.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #3

Not to stir up controversy. But I also think this is a good time to sanitize water system.. 1/4 cup of bleach in holding tank fill water tank and run all taps untill you can smell bleach. Let it sit over night and then drain and flush with water thoroughly. Not sure about hot water tank but have read to leave it bypassed so that's what I do.
Cranetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #4

Several questions for the veterans out there. What are the steps for using the low point drains? When do you open/close the water heater by-pass? What is its purpose? Where is the fitting for using compressed air to remove liquid from the lines? What are the steps for using compressed air to clear the lines? I have a couple of other questions but let's leave it there for now.
Fyouberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyouberg View Post
Several questions for the veterans out there. What are the steps for using the low point drains? When do you open/close the water heater by-pass? What is its purpose? Where is the fitting for using compressed air to remove liquid from the lines? What are the steps for using compressed air to clear the lines? I have a couple of other questions but let's leave it there for now.
Here is a link to a winterizing video, should answer your questions. If you have more ask away

https://youtu.be/fyjFAFFe7xs
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Here is a link to a winterizing video, should answer your questions. If you have more ask away

https://youtu.be/fyjFAFFe7xs
I think the original question was about "dewinterizing" so here is a link for that as well.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamseven View Post
We sold our home and new house won’t be built until June so we are going to live in our 23 RB until then . How do I prepare it to start using it after it was winterized ? Appreciate all suggestions.

Steven
After some research I found out, the 23RB does not have a bypass valve to winterizing the trailer the dealer blew out the lines and dumped some antifreeze down the drains. Also drained the water heater. To De winterizing, hook Up city water and just open taps until air is gone and water comes out. Turn on water heater at control panel, your done. Amazing how little the dealer salesmen and even parts people know about their trailers, even the factory people .

Steven