Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2018, 01:45 AM   #1

de winterizing

finally picking up our tt tomorrow from the dealer after some warranty work was done.the tt was winterized when we bought it and has never been used. we had a few boats in the past so I know how to de winterize boats but never a tt. I would think it would be similar if not the same process?
dustyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:13 AM   #2

De winterizing is simple. Hook up your trailer's city water connection to a pressurized water supply system (using a pressure reducer if necessary) and start turning on the faucets, showers and flush the toilet. Run the water until it runs clear. You may want to open the low point drain valves to help flush the anti freeze out of the system but it seems like I always have residual anti freeze in the system after flushing. Shut the water supply off, then open your water heater bypass valves and open your grey and black tank valves to empty that water out of them.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:42 AM   #3

I do exactly the same. I do it as a two person project. I gain access to all my lines and drains. I do use a pressure regulator. One person slowly turns on the city water as I start at the main entry point of water inside the trailer. I trace all my lines and connections for any leaks. Then I turn on slowly first the cold then the hot. I also check at this time all my under sink and shower drain connections for hand tightness and any possible drips, whichI do when I arrive at any camping spot as these can come lose during travel.
Once all the air has been pulled out of the system and the water is flowing smoothley I shut off the water supply. I then un-bypass the water heater and wait for the tank to fill.

2012 Tacoma
2018 145RB
Tinyhse is offline   Reply With Quote