Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2020, 06:49 AM   #1

delamination

All,

I have a 2018 Octane 265 toy hauler. Last spring I brought it back to my dealer with a laundry list of things to fix including 2 areas of the drivers side that were bubbled and delaminating. They took pictures and submitted the warranty claim to Jayco. Here is where my question to everyone comes in. Jayco approved the warranty claim, however, they want the trailer back in Indiana to fix it. Has amnyone dealt with this issue? My point is compensation from Jayuco for the 2400 mile round trip, and also in the slop of winter driving I am worried about further damage. I am about to start the communication with them on this issue and would like to hear about anybodies experiences in this regard.

thanks in advance for your help!
Hoople79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:52 AM   #2

They usually arrange transportation in those cases and will have it picked up at the dealership by one of the transport companies.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #3

Yup
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:09 PM   #4

According to my dealer the transport company is a Dually pickup and it will be towed back to Indiana, hence my question and concerns. further thoughts or experiences on how they transport problem units?
Hoople79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoople79 View Post
According to my dealer the transport company is a Dually pickup and it will be towed back to Indiana, hence my question and concerns. further thoughts or experiences on how they transport problem units?
That's exactly how it probably got delivered in the first place. Most transports that I have seen drive like they are supposed to, 65 mph. However there are some transport drivers using SRW 3500 for the lighter rigs.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #6

As with any dealer work, take a photographic record of the condition when you drop it off and when you pick it up. For the occasion you have an issue.
FLascent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #7

Recent threads have addressed rusted frames on new units. It's been suggested that this happens when the unit was originally transported from the factory to the dealer on salty roads, and salt wasn't rinsed off by the dealer.

Hopefully, if your's gets towed in the winter with salty roads, they'll complete the work quickly so you can immediately rinse the undercarriage.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote