Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #1

Delivery Inspection

Hi Everyone! My wife and I are about to take delivery of a new 2019 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT 32TSBH. We got a discount on it as it’s a 2019 and they were looking to get it off the lot. We like the floor plan and my past experience with Jayco’s has generally been good. With that said I’ve been looking at issues that folks have been having with their Jayco TTs.

Prior to taking delivery, what are some items that you wished you had inspected? Anything in particular we should look for? Thanks!
Appmar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on you soon to be new Jayco. Check everything before you sign any paperwork or give any money in the transaction.

Have the dealer fill it with water, run the pump, the hot water heater in both gas and electric mode if equipped. Run all faucets. Check under the cabinets and drains for any sign of water leaks.

Have the dealer plug the trailer in to electricity and run the Air Conditioning. Make sure that it cools, bows correctly out of all vents. etc. Do the same for the furnace.

Open and inspect all windows and doors. Check to make sure that the latches open and close correctly. Look for any sign of water intrusion around the window areas. If it has been sitting on the lot for a while, you will be able to see if there have been any leaks. Also closely inspect the interior for any signs of water leaks around vent fans, etc.

Get on the RV roof. Check to make sure that the roof membrane is free of any damage. Check the calking around any area of the roof.

Crawl underneath the trailer. Look for any loose wires, holes in coverings and insulation, etc.

Hook it to your tow vehicle. Check for proper brake operation, make sure all lights work etc.

Run the slide and awning out several times. Don't take the dealer's word for it that they work correctly. Look for alignment issues when they retract and open.

Run all interior electronic devices included in the sale. Turn on the TV, radio, etc. Make sure that all speakers work, etc.

Inspect all interior cabinets and drawers for proper operation, hinges, and latches. Look over all furniture, fabrics, shades, window coverings, etc. for signs of damage.

This is just a short list. I am sure that I may have missed something. Best of luck.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:34 AM   #3

Start at the tongue jack and end at the rear bumper. Make sure everything in between works! It should have water in the tank and hooked up to shore power BEFORE you start your inspection. Get up on the roof and look for tears, bubbles or wrinkles in the roof material. Look underneath for any wires hanging down, tears in the underlament. Make sure cold air comes out of the AC and hot air out of the furnace...AND ALL roof and floor ducts have moving air coming out of them. Check every water faucet, and toilet operation. Check every light and 120 volt outlet for proper voltage.

Check the slide out(s) for proper operation and ask how to operate it manually. When the slide is in look to make sure there are no gaps along the seal.

Take a tire gauge and make sure each tire is properly inflated.

If this is your first RV I would strongly suggest you locate a mobile tech to assist you with the inspection. It will be money well spent. Once you take it off the lot it's YOURS and any promises made that this or that will get fixed will evaporate into thin air.

Then enjoy.....

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #4

Just to add to the above lists - be sure and check for water operation both from the fresh water tank via the on board pump and the city water connection...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #5

On my first trip the city water was leaking more like pouring out from the bottom of the trailer!
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #6

Here is a link to assist you:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ted-36094.html

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #7

make sure none of the doors are crooked. My wife noticed when we were doing the PDI for out trailer, if you stood at a certain spot, you could see thru the crack and into the bathroom. The edge of the door was not up against the door jamb and you could see in. They put foam rubber all along the door jamb and my wife was happy. They also straightened the door a little.
Also, when the slide was in all the way (closed), we could see daylight from outside at the two bottom corners of the slide. if you see daylight, water can get in. They fixed that as well.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:49 PM   #8

Take a other set of eyes. Preferably someone that has bought one or a buddy that has one. Pick it apart. Don't let your excitement blur your vision.
Like others have said open and close every door and drawer. Look for straightness and loveliness. Turn on and off every switch. Operate everything, on 12v and on shore power. Run all the faucets both on city connection and off the pump pulling from the tank...
Don't let the dealer rush you thru it. Take a legal pad and a pen and write down anything that's not right and have them fix it BEFORE you sign.
Biggest thing is once you're done and everything is good, ENJOY IT!! LOL!
Old 06-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #9

Thank you all for your recommendations. Knowledge Is power. Route 66, thank you for the list. That’s huge.

I’ll reply once we go through the PDI and let you know how it turns out.
Appmar83 is offline   Reply With Quote