Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #21

Glad to see so many people did some rersearch on Jayco makes me feel better knowing I got A qaulity product. Now if i could only get the other dealers with the other brands to stop calling my house. I tell them I purchased a Jayco Eagle. Then another sales person will call, they ask well why did you not let us try to beat the price on one of our units. I'MMM , hello do you sell jayco, well no, but we do have, yea and when I asked and you showed my wife and me, there really was no comparision. Most brands when they say ultra light they mean it. Like Frontier83 his experiience with Rockwood, you get what you pay for.
Snow has melted by me chomping at the bit to get into my trailer. Have to figure where everything is going. Well safe travels and a happy fun start to camping.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #22

I live in a relatively rural area. There are 3 RV places within 175 miles of me, which I'll call dealers A,B and C. A & B are the same business. Prior to purchasing our current Jayco from dealer C in 2004, I talked to folks at the campground we went to and asked them how they liked their campers. Of those purchased at dealer A/B, pretty much everyone said they liked their RV's, but they'd wouldn't go to dealer A/B again.

In the interest of full disclosure, back in 2006, I found myself in need of work. To keep this story as short as possible, I found myself working in dealer B's parts dept. It turned out to be the worst job I've ever had in my life (and that includes 20 years of military time). I saw from the inside how dealer A/B treated people, both customers and employees. I had a very ugly departure from dealer B in Feb 2009.

Our Jayco dealer, dealer C, has always been very nice and helpful and I've never heard a bad word from anybody about them (except from the people who own dealers A&B, go figure). Since my departure from dealer B, I've been a very vocal supporter of dealer C, and equally as vocal of a critic of dealer A/B. Since dealer A&B sell about every major RV brand except Jayco, getting another Jayco from dealer C was a no-brainer.

Our new 2013 Eagle 284BHS is scheduled for manufacture on April 12.

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
2011 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX/ ALLISON
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #23

When the time came in 2008 to move to a 5th wheel from another manufacture's TT, we traded with the dealer we had purchased our previous 2 TTs. The Jayco 5W he showed us had the layout and pricing we liked. This was our first Jayco product. In 2012 we traded our Eagle Superlite for our current Pinnacle. We have a fantastic dealer who provides honest sales and service. And, we have found that Jayco is a very good product.

Yes, we looked at other manufacturers, but again the layout, quality, warranty and price point of Jayco was a deal keeper.

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by taviking22 View Post
Yes, we looked at other manufacturers, but again the layout, quality, warranty and price point of Jayco was a deal keeper.
Our sentiments exactly!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #25

Actually we considered all brands, we had a Coachman and a Jayco before, but what won us over was the J-Cube futons Jayco offered. Many manufacturers had the same floorplan but only Jayco and Coachman had the Futons. The Coachman was cheaper but also did not have all the features the Jayco offfered. Jayco had a 2 year warranty verse the 1 year on the Coachman.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #26

We owned a Winnebago Class C for about 5 years so knew pretty much how we would use the TT. We decided that a rear kitchen with a door directly off it was a good thing since we usually split cooking between the grill and the galley and eat outside most of the time. There are not many rear kitchen models to choose from in an under 6000# TT. We liked the 242, but decided on a used 25Z as it was nearly identical and a lot less expensive. Going on the second year with it now and very happy with the decision. We leave for a month in it at the end of April.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #27

We actually did buy a Dutchmen Rainier in 2011 AFTER looking at the Jayco 26 RLS only because it had a nice large pantry. After 7 months and about 75 days in the shops we traded it off for the Jayco we should have bought in the first place! And a year later we still love our Jayco and have NONE of the problems we had with the Dutchmen. And we managed to comfortably fit in all our food and dishes and cookware without the big pantry.
ClintMyra is offline   Reply With Quote