Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #1

Dinette Bed Support Broke on 2nd Night (JayFlight 19RD)

So after converting the table into a bed on our second night of usage my adult daughter sat on the front edge of the table and one support ledge split and one of the screws that held it in place was sheared off.

I haven't gone back to the dealer for warranty service yet, but after looking at how this is constructed - i'm not sure that i can trust it going forward, even if they replace the piece.

It appears that the ledge is a 1x2 piece of pine that extends the length of the seat - secured to a piece of the same dimensions on the interior of the seat by 3 or 4 wood screws. The interior piece has 1x2 support beams on each end holding it up, but that's about it besides the thin plywood sheet that makes up the face of the seat.

Has anyone else had issues with the dinette bed not holding weight? How about the seats themselves - they don't appear to be very sturdy, either...
Cal357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #2

I have slept on the dinette in my 198RD several times now with no issues. That being said I was a little concerned at first whether or not it would be sturdy enough for me.
scrawf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #3

We put a piece of plywood on ours and leave the bed down all the time. It was just too much trouble taking it up and down. We have a sofa and we bought tv trays and going to use that as our table. I am sorry it broke and I hope you are able to get it fixed very soon.
navymomX2 is offline   Reply With Quote