Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

Dinette jackknife sofa swap?

I find that my jack knife sofa is not the most comfortable. I miss my recliner. I first looked at removing the sofa but because the furnace and duct work is under it. Now i'm wondering??? has anyone removed the dinette from the slide out and installed it in place of the sofa and then place two recliners in the slide out? Would the dinette seat be wide enough to cover over the furnace and duct outlet? Right now The bench seat goes out a little past the slide out opening so the seat next to the slide out opening would have to be shortened for the slide out to come in. I believe the recliners would fit perfectly where the dinette currently is now and have perfect viewing for the tv set. Any comments? After further thought I believe the dinette would then come out to far in front of the door?
mnsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:48 AM   #2

Just finishing up removing dinette a J sofa from my 31ss Greyhawk. Swapped locations and installed 67" RecPro power recliners. I'll share pictures in a few days. Added electrical plugs on inverter so that power recliners would work while driving. Had to extend slide from 31" to 42" to make slide same all the way across. Made a new tabletop 24x40 added freestanding chairs will buy folding chairs for company. Not sure how to add pictures.