Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal Breaker View Post
Did you read the post? Obviously Jayco makes products that cost less the $15K, the point is they also make products that sell for six figures and have quality issues as well. What's with the "Fake" news?

BTW, not every owner new they were buying a kit project and would need to re-plumb the entire camper for example.
Call me skeptical.. your posts are all slamming Jayco.. you, by your signature, have a 4500 lb trailer, while your tow vehicle, again by your signature is a Subaru with, according to specs online, has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs..

Perhaps I'm missing something, but, we have seen others slam from their first post, and, not be able to back up what they say.

If I'm wrong I apologize, but, as I said.. I'm skeptical.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Call me skeptical.. your posts are all slamming Jayco.. you, by your signature, have a 4500 lb trailer, while your tow vehicle, again by your signature is a Subaru with, according to specs online, has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs..

Perhaps I'm missing something, but, we have seen others slam from their first post, and, not be able to back up what they say.

If I'm wrong I apologize, but, as I said.. I'm skeptical.
You are wrong.

Trailer weight is 4990 dry and btw every trailer has a different weight, no exceptions... I'm a full timer and don't have a tow vehicle. The subaru is my daily driver. The camper does not MOVE! If you'd taken the time to read the threads and not take every post out of context you'd know I had the original purchase dealer deliver this POS to its current location from Arizona. I'm also skeptical of your irrational defense of Jayco when you have not purchased my camper, seen the repair bills, experienced the flooding and plumbing leaks, the defective television, mattress and lack of quality customer service from Jayco and all of its representatives.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal Breaker View Post
Did you read the post? Obviously Jayco makes products that cost less the $15K, the point is they also make products that sell for six figures and have quality issues as well. What's with the "Fake" news?

BTW, not every owner new they were buying a kit project and would need to re-plumb the entire camper for example.
Yes, I read the post.
That's why I commented. The chronic complainers get tiring. You've been on the forum a very short time and nearly all your posts are complaints.

I firmly believe that people that have major problems or have minor ones that they can't fix themselves are in a small, but very vocal minority.

I reported my actual experience with my trailer. If reporting my experience is Fake News, then you have a very strange comprehension.

Good luck with your complaining. It won't fix your RV, but maybe it will make you feel good to bash the company and make you feel good every time you step into your Jayco and complain about it.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #44

The factual posts of the 2017 Jayco 23RB I purchased in January of this year will hopefully alert other owners and prospective purchasers to the pitfalls of Jayco Product Ownership. It will hopefully educate some as to the low quality of the product and to the low quality customer service Jayco offers in the form of warranty repairs and service after delivery of said product.

When I have a positive experience with this product, I'll comment on it. Until then, I'll comment on my ongoing negative experiences.

I did not knowingly purchase a $20,000 remodeling project and I believe thousands of other RV purchasers may feel the same way or would want to know about it in advance.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #45

Every product rolls out a lemon once in a while.

Even the Rolls Royce powerplants in aircraft have been known to fail... killing hundreds.

My 500K brick and stick house had close to 30 grand in warranty work needed the first year.... and my home actually *is* rated for full timing

Always sorry to hear of any major problems with a Jayco camper, but it's the exception, not the norm.

Based on the screen name alone, obviously you have a major bone to pick, and I'm sorry to hear about it. Most people come to forums as a venue for airing their problems with any given product. Thankfully, MOST of us here are extremely satisfied with our Jayco's. The facts speak for themselves. There are hundreds to thousands of members lurking and active on this forum that wouldn't be here at all if we didn't believe in this product.

If you are looking for a personal echo chamber or to just bash Jayco in general for some ulterior motive, this probably isn't the right place to do it. Perhaps take your grievance up with the BBB? I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. The mods have made it clear that it's ok for us to discuss issues with our campers, productively, but this is digressing into product bashing.

Good luck........
/thread unsubbed /user added to ignore list
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #46

My husband and I purchased our Jayco 27RLS last year. Reinforcing the dinette was the first thing we did. I did a great amount of research and found that this is very common with the design of the dinettes. It took him 15 minutes and it is very strong now.
ryounglewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:47 PM   #47

Does anyone have a video on how to repair dinette back? Mine keeps breaking
Davidpprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpprince View Post
Does anyone have a video on how to repair dinette back? Mine keeps breaking
Most secure way is to screw from the back side into the 2X's. If you use a dark screw you can hardly see them. The staples they used along with the whole frame bring torqued out of square was stupid...but is an easy fix. I also squared the whole frame up before reattaching the back..

Good Luck...

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote