Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2018, 06:59 AM   #1

Disposable Wipes

Has anyone used disposable wipes in their black tank? If so which one is best
CGNG2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:05 AM   #2

I wouldn't put disposal wipes anywhere except the garbage can....

Despite the manufacturer claims that they are septic / sewer safe, they cause a lot of problems for cities. See: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business...237585911.html
MandMinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #3

I wouldn’t use anything but RV toilet paper. RV toilet paper breaks down really fast with the water from your black tank. In my opinion disposable wipes will get caught and block your black drain line. I wouldn’t think it would be a good idea. But this is my opinion
Sean1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #4

Disposable wipes should NEVER be flushed or put in black tanks.
They don't break down and can cause damage and plug up sewer systems even tho they say flush able they are not.
MNWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #5

Don't use your toilet as a trash can. Just about any Tp is fine but keep a minimum of water in your black tank and dump after every camp move. Not to get gross but we keep a foot activated flip top trash can next to the toilet and put soiled paper products in it. We line it with double wally world bags and change them out daily or as needed.

We went with the above procedure because of grandkids. You can't seem to get young kids to understand and they often use excessive toilet paper. 3 grandkids can pretty much wipe [pun intended] a roll in just one day when they visit our home. That much paper is a problem for a septic system but it can really mess up an Rv tank.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #6

Same, best thing you can have tp is the enemy of all rv toilet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Don't use your toilet as a trash can. Just about any Tp is fine but keep a minimum of water in your black tank and dump after every camp move. Not to get gross but we keep a foot activated flip top trash can next to the toilet and put soiled paper products in it. We line it with double wally world bags and change them out daily or as needed.

We went with the above procedure because of grandkids. You can't seem to get young kids to understand and they often use excessive toilet paper. 3 grandkids can pretty much wipe [pun intended] a roll in just one day when they visit our home. That much paper is a problem for a septic system but it can really mess up an Rv tank.
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #7

Here’s a link to The Fit RV.

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/can...rv-black-tank/

He does a breakdown of the most popular brands of disposable wipes and how well they break down in the black water tank. Long story short: none of them. It’s worth a watch.
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #8

Pee, poop and TP only. No disposable wipes in our black tank.
NCMFFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #9

Quote:

Do you use more than just rv toilet paper? I don’t mind roughing it but if I can take a shower while camping, I might as well be able to use something more than tissue paper to smear stuff around.

I have read it’s better to let your tank have a nice fluid level so stuff can break down easier. I would imagine as long as we do that, a slightly thicker toilet paper would be ok
CGNG2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #10

If you use a macerator pump and someone puts something other than pee, pooh or TP in the toilet, you will want to choke the culprit with your soiled hands after you unjam the pump.

Granddaughter threw a Q-tip in the toilet. Doesn't take much to jam the pump.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #11

Quote:
. . . Not to get gross but we keep a foot activated flip top trash can next to the toilet and put soiled paper products in it. We line it with double wally world bags and change them out daily or as needed . . .
x1. This is what what we do, too. RV TP dissolves faster in a TT black tank because it's much thinner. Since, it takes much more RV TP to do the same job vs. regular home TP---what's the point?

Who wants to compromise the comforts of home while you're on the road. Since we started using a small, foot operated, flip top trash can along with our favorite TP from home (and wipes), both we . . . and our black tank . . . are happy campers!
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #12

Also a good tip is buy an extra bag of ice and put in your toilet before you leave for a trip. It will move around and break crap loose in your tank
Sean1980 is offline   Reply With Quote