Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #21

I have had my 330 for about a little over a year now and have had some issues with a couple of items but nothing to serious.I dont feel to bad when a buddy of mine spent about $250K on his motor coach and has had more issues then me,so sometimes no matter how much you spend these days they still dont make them like they used to.I love the floor plan on my 330 it fits our family perfect so I hope I can get to use it with no more issues...Good luck
novaplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #22

All camper manufacturers have problem units. We love the floor plan and all the nice things about our 330RLTS we just hope the problms that came with it will end. We steered our son to another brand when he bought his new bunkhouse trailer last fall. The brand he bought has been trouble free for about a year now and we are still dealing with problems. Hopefully the problems will end before the warranty expires.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #23

WOW I feel lucky I took delivery of my 2012 330rlts in April and so far the only issue was a bad co detector. Dealer exchanged it no problem. My unit is on a permanent site. (Jersey Shore) we have over 50 nights logged in it already. I went over it with a fine tooth comb on dealer walk through and only found a few issues that were fixed while we finalized the paperwork. I did have mine special ordered through my dealer and waited almost 6 months for it. There are a few spots where the staples are noticeable but some colored crayons have been my friend with the wood trim...
rheyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #24

An update. March and April 2012,all problems fixed under warranty.No hassles or complaints from Jayco.A local dealer had to have a body shop refinish the 3 places where nails were protruding from the siding.Weve camped over 30 days so far this year and no more new or old problems found.Weve since grown to love the generous floor space of the TT.Dont know how we ever thought our old prowler was nice.All in all,the Jayco differences are worth it.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #25

Happy for you.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbear92 View Post
An update. March and April 2012,all problems fixed under warranty.No hassles or complaints from Jayco.....snip
Thread updates are always appreciated.., and glad to hear that things got turned around.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #27

Yup, good to hear the issues were taken care of. We had a similar situation. Our first Jayco (popup) was perfect...never a problem. The 2nd (17C hybrid) had a fairly long list of issues, a couple major, most minor, that the dealer fixed. Our current trailer (2013 264BH) we've had for almost a year and nary a problem. We hope this isn't a pattern and our next will have issues. It doesn't matter, though, because Jayco is the only camper we seriously consider.
"God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy"

2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel in proper Purdue gold and black (the Coally Roller)
2013 Jayco Swift 264BH
Soulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #28

Dissapointed in 2012 330 rlts quality

It's all luck.

My 2013 26bh has only had one issue I've noticed.

The electric element if the water heater isn't working. But I haven't checked fuses etc yet.
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Seems to me the dealer might/should have found something on their inspection or with you on your PDI. Hard to believe they all cropped up in three short weeks. Some must have existed at time of purchase. I hope everything is fixed and you can get the sour taste out of your mouth.

Was at Jayco in Middlebury, In, late June this year. Was told this by the Jayco person manning the Visitor Center Desk and I quote, "for example, if the quota was to build five Pinnacles and they had them done by late shift Thursday night there was no production on Friday and the crew was off for the weekend". I can only ask, what can you expect for quality? My wife heard the same comment. Have not had the quality in my unit that I was lead to believe Jayco produced.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohok1 View Post
Was at Jayco in Middlebury, In, late June this year. Was told this by the Jayco person manning the Visitor Center Desk and I quote, "for example, if the quota was to build five Pinnacles and they had them done by late shift Thursday night there was no production on Friday and the crew was off for the weekend". I can only ask, what can you expect for quality? My wife heard the same comment. Have not had the quality in my unit that I was lead to believe Jayco produced.

Well we have always heard folks having issues say "my rig must have been built on a Friday" but it could have been a Thursday night build!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #31

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Nice to see an update, mine has its fair share of issues - most are defects caused by sloppy/lazy line work. I've corrected most myself.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #32

With trailers you gotta think that you are buying a tiny house for 15-whatever k

You can't expect old world craftsmanship.
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #33

Ecfeick, just where do you come up with a 15k figure??? A 330 RLTS will set you back close to 40K.

As for an update, we still have small bubbles on the driver side large slide and the same slide still rubs on the kitchen floor while traveling. Our last problem was with the micro wave with the built in vent. $$$$ Don't bother looking for one at Lowes or Home Depot as it is a "special size". We still really like the floor plan and are planning on leaving it in Az so we won't have to travel with it. We are planning on buying a smaller trailer for use at home. It won't be a Jayco.

Jayco did stand behind their warranty and we never had to fight to get anything fixed. I did have to wait for nearly 3 months to get an $1100 reimbursement. Not having the small bubbles repaired is my decision and getting the slide fixed so it doesn't rub on the kitchen linoleum seems to be beyond the ability of three different Jayco dealers. When the linoleum tears we will just replace it. Positive ending, we still love the floorplan and storage and the way it tows.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #34

Re: Dissapointed in 2012 330 rlts quality

Our brand new 2014 swift 264BH has several little things like excessive caulking, a few bubbles in the decals, one window shade that has a mind of its own and I found several screws on the floor under the couch and cupboards that I can't find where they go. I can't see towing it the 150 miles back to the dealer to rectify those issues. The only real issue I have with it is that the queen mattress is horrible, I wake up feeling 60 years old and im 43.
Eckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #35

Ya if you don't get the upgraded mattress the standard is horrible. Felt the same way with ours and we ended up buying a 2 1/2 inch mattress foam....seems to be okay for now but if it doesn't work we might have to buy a better mattress.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #36

Even the upgrade mattress is not very good. Go to CostCo and get a 4 in foam for a queen size bed and it will fit perfectly and you will probably like it.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Welcome to the 330RLTS club. Our trailer is a year and a half old and the problems just seem to keep comming. It is not hard to see why they are no longer making this model. This is making our old Montana seem like a real high quality unit.
Hello Clutch. Remember me? I'm the guy a few months ago was searching all over the Midwest looking for a 2012 330RLTS without any luck. We were trading in our 2007 Eagle 322FKS for new. Well after finally giving up we went with the 2014 Cougar High Country 321RES. You can see one here .....
The price for the unit was $32,000 out the door (tax-plates everything). Turns out this unit is longer and lighter than the Eagle was.
Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your unit. Hopefully Jayco will eventually take care of them.
When we picked up our new trailer in May my wife checked all the walls for staples. Our Eagle had staples everywhere and I was always pounding them back in. We also had some delamination problems with the rear sidewall. The difference is quality between the Eagle & Cougar High Country is amazing.
Good luck to you.
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #38

A lot gets missed on that walk-thru inspection at the dealer. The tech doing the inspection is over booked and the buyer is too elated to focus on the multitude of possible issues. We missed the bad decals, a stripped cabinet door hinge over the bed, short battery cables, a list to one side, low tire pressures, bins with poor locks, ...and the big one a propane leak, although my wife said she could smell propane - but then she always seems to smell something wrong. Almost all have been fixed under warranty. Piece work may be the issue, or having 2 (or 3) languages spoken on the production line, or just too much human error. Any way, RV manufacturers need to up their quality inspections, way too many problems.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #39

Oh, so that's what that pile of springs is ... a mattress!
Black tank Quick-e Flush, MaxxAir Vent cover, TV bracket and LCD TV, added Slideout awning, bunk ladder, added socket and reading light to top bunk, added bathroom fan switch near light switch, insulated all externally accessible storage, sealed pass through storage from interior of trailer, LED lights throughout, added LED lights to storage compartments
EnricoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #40

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I've read in 2014 the Denver Supreme mattress is available, read good reviews on this mattress.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote