Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #21

I really like the idea of the jack stands. I recall when I was younger my dad bought a four of them for our little Starcraft pop up and they worked wonders. But I am trying to figure out two or four? The other "pro" systems seem very nice though and taking into account the amount spent on a set of four jack stands and deducting that from the price of the "pro" system makes me second guess. Decisions decisions!
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #22

I didn't go with jack stands because I haul around enough stuff as it is. Jack stands take up more space in the front storage (or the back of the truck), and add to the setup time. I wanted something that is permanently attached and only added a few seconds to setup time.

FYI, I ordered the Steadyfast system last night... hopefully will have it installed before my next trip in May. I'll report back then.
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #23

Anyone know if installing stabilizers system to a jayco with enclosed underbelly will void warranty? I picked up my trailer this weekend and was told if i installed a tank tornado i would void my warranty since i would be getting into underbelly.
bgarv29BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #24
Site Team

Is the bottom of the frame covered by the underbelly? Since mine is not enclosed the frame is clearly visible.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #25

The bottom of the frame is not covered. I didn't have to remove any of the underbelly to install my third pair of jacks, or the stabilizing system.
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #26

Alright cool then i just secure it to the i beam. Easy install for the mechanically inclined I figure. The camper is stable but it still has that jiggle to it.

I love the camper it is sweet. The only concern or gripe that i have is when the slide is in one top corner is not sucked in completely tight... it is covered by the gutter and the space is about 1/2 an inch. Not sure if this is a big issue or not. They told me the travel slide bar can be adjusted to pull in the gap. They were not able to do easily.
bgarv29BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarv29BHS View Post
Alright cool then i just secure it to the i beam. Easy install for the mechanically inclined I figure. The camper is stable but it still has that jiggle to it.

I love the camper it is sweet. The only concern or gripe that i have is when the slide is in one top corner is not sucked in completely tight... it is covered by the gutter and the space is about 1/2 an inch. Not sure if this is a big issue or not. They told me the travel slide bar can be adjusted to pull in the gap. They were not able to do easily.
That sounds like the slide may need adjusting, if one corner is not seating properly when closed. You should not have to use the slide lock to pull the slide in the last half inch.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote