Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #1

Do you carry a spare roll of Etearnabond?

I have been thinking of buying a roll as an emergency backup. Some times in a campground there are low hanging branches. Never know when damage could hit you.

I emailed the Etearnabond company and they said an un-opened roll was good for 5 years from Mfg Date. Once opened it may degrade from exposure to air and moisture. No suggestion of how long an open roll would stay good.

I am going to get a tight container and put the roll in a baggy to keep it good as long as I can.

Like to hear from anyone who bought it and did not use for a few years as to how well it worked.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I have been thinking of buying a roll as an emergency backup. Some times in a campground there are low hanging branches. Never know when damage could hit you.

I emailed the Etearnabond company and they said an un-opened roll was good for 5 years from Mfg Date. Once opened it may degrade from exposure to air and moisture. No suggestion of how long an open roll would stay good.

I am going to get a tight container and put the roll in a baggy to keep it good as long as I can.

Like to hear from anyone who bought it and did not use for a few years as to how well it worked.
I just put some on my roof that was from an opened roll, probably about 3 or 4 years old. When I originally put it on, I didn't use their cleaner. I applied the tape directly to the roof, on the edge where I had a small slit right at the edge. So it was folded over the side. I noticed this spring that the side had popped up. I removed the whole thing, which did come off much easier than I would have expected to. This time I cleaned the area thoroughly with their spray cleaner, and reapplied a new piece. Time will tell how well it holds this time. Do they sell small strips or anything that can remain sealed? I honestly never even thought about it going bad over time. Interesting.
luv2drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #3
Site Team

I have some that is 4-5 years old. I have used it w/o any problem. I bought a can of spray cleaner that really goes a long way. Also mine came with a small tube of edge sealer to keep wind from getting a leading edge. I have not removed any but when goes on, it stuck very well.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #4

Yes
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #5

I have had a roll for three years with no problems. Recently the hail broke baseball size holes in the skylight over the bathroom, I patched the holes with eternabond tape and went around this with Dicor lap sealant. Pulled the RV for thirty three hundred miles with several rains on the way. Tape stayed on and everything was water proofed.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #6

Yes
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #7

Bought 1 roll strickly for emergency repairs. Used it once to do a temp repair on a shattered oem plastic kitchen sink. Corners are incredibly thin and vibrations on the road and small kitchen items stored in transit caused the damage. We were on week 1 of a 7 week trip to Tx. Reinforced the underside corner with the tape after applying JBWel to the broken pieces. ONce it set up, it sealed up the damaged area [over 3 inches wide and long] and we completed our long trip without issue. Installed a stainless sink when we got home in the Spring.

This tape has many uses beyond just repairing roof and seam issues.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:00 AM   #8
Site Team

I have a partial roll of 4" and also 6" material. I also bought a 1' square patch once and still have part of it left just in case.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #9

I carry a spare roll as I try to be prepared for emergencies and the quality of this product is excellent. Small price to pay if you ever actually needed to seal something quickly.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote