Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #1

Does anyone own a 2012 32TSBH or something similar

Mine is stored 275 miles away so I can't just look for myself. I am going down in about 10 days and wanted to take a tv wall mount for the front bedroom and install it. There is a place on the sidewall that says "mount tv here". Problem is all wall mounts I find will only extend out about 14 inches. That means that a 20 inch tv will basically still be almost touching the wall when I turn it towards the bed. I am thinking about mounting it at the foot of the bed on the wall, and connecting it to my entertainment center located on the other side of the wall. The cable and power are both there! My TT has a wooden door on each side at the foot of the bed. When the doors are open, do they touch in the middle of the wall? It would be great if there was about a space of 5 inches or more! Any help appreciated. Boy I wish my TT was here!
krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #2

bump/sorry
krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #3

I have a 2012 32TSBH, and it just happens to be sitting in my driveway waiting for a trip this weekend!

I went out and took a look, can also post a picture if you need it. When the doors are fully open, they just about touch each other. There is a gap approx. 1" between them. When I closed both doors, they do seem to "overlap" the back of the entertainment console. What I am getting at is, if you are very brave, you might be able to apen up a space for a mount by cutting an "L" shape into the inside edge of each door to give yourself a square that might be 5-6"wide, but I surely wouldn't mess with it.

I haven't bothered with a TV in the master BR. I miss the rotating TV from my old 32 BHDS, but with the way this TV articulates on the arm, my wife usually sits on the couch, and I lower the table on the dinette and use it as a big couch. The kids are usually asleep, or at least a couple are (we have 6). At some point I may mount a small TV, maybe with a built in DVD player but would use the specified area. My dealer took off the sticker as part of the prep, but it shouldn't be hard to find with a stud finder.