Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #21

I don't want 90 gallons of fresh water on board. Don't need that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnik78 View Post
The easiest way to find out which is the overflow is to fill the tank until it overflows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #22

I guess I'll have to crawl under my 23RB again tomorrow and look for them again. I just hope the factory put them through the Cloroplast underbelly cover. Would hate to have that be a warranty correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
The over flow hoses are under the camper. On my unit they are on the drivers side of the camper, behind the rear wheels, not that far from the dump valves. My low point drains are back in that area as well.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #23

I just looked underneath again. There are two fresh water tank drains which have shutoff valves on them. There are two white tubes which do not have any valves showing. On the side of the trailer are the words "Low Point Drains".
These drains have an on/off valve inside under the kitchen sink. There are no other drain tubes anywhere else under my trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I guess I'll have to crawl under my 23RB again tomorrow and look for them again. I just hope the factory put them through the Cloroplast underbelly cover. Would hate to have that be a warranty correction.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #24

Quote:
I don't see any over flow hoses on mine. Of course, my underbelly is enclosed.
All I see are two fresh water drain hoses, which have valves that open and close them. The two low point drains are in this same area. On mine, they are on the road side, in front of the tires.

I hope there aren't any over flow tubes that are emptying into the covered cavity around the fresh water tanks.
What do you mean two fresh water drains AND two low point drains? I thought the low point drain was the fresh water drain. At least on my trailer they are. Was this trailer used? If so, perhaps someone already put valves on your overflows.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:18 PM   #25

I just bent the end of the overflow tube over and zip tied it closed. The water tank fill cap is not air tight so the air displaces the water as it is used. I have had it setup this way for the last 6 months with multple fill cycles of the water tank without any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CaptRon53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #26
Site Team

I don't have an issue with water draining while traveling as we never put more than 1/2 of the 82 gallons in. Although, while parked next to the house (in between outings) I was under doing a little foaming to keep critters out and saw on of our favorite tiny Florida lizard was on the end of a tube with his head inside the tube... went to the shed and got some pieces of window screens and put them over the openings. Used small adjustable hose clamps to keep them on. Not sure if any got into the tanks... I hope that a family of Palmetto bugs did not get into there.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #27

My trailer is brand new, 2017 Jayco 23RB.

There are two fresh water drains. They have a petcock on each of them. If I want to drain the fresh water tanks, I can turn on either one or both of them.

There are two other drain tubes, but these are labeled "low point drain". There are only used when one wants to winterize the trailer and needs all the water to drain out of all the pipes throughout the trailer.

On my trailer, the valves for the low point drains are inside the trailer, under the kitchen sink, near the water pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
What do you mean two fresh water drains AND two low point drains? I thought the low point drain was the fresh water drain. At least on my trailer they are. Was this trailer used? If so, perhaps someone already put valves on your overflows.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:42 PM   #28

Just re-read my owners manual. It doesn't even speak about over flow tubes. It only mentions fresh water drains, and low point drains.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:46 PM   #29

I'm a little closer to knowing what I need to know.

On my 2017 23RB there are 2 drains with petcocks on them. These are definitely for draining the fresh water tanks. I've used them.

At virtually the same place are 2 white tubes hanging down with no valves of any kind on them. I now believe them to the overflow tubes for the fresh water tanks. Unfortunately, Jayco stuck a Low Point Drain label opposite them on the side of the trailer.

Just now I took another look under the trailer. Mostly hidden by the great glob of foam used to close the hole in the underbelly cover are two tubes, one blue and one red. These I now believe to be the low point drains.

It would have helped if Jayco had actually labeled all of the drain lines and labeled them correctly.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRon53 View Post
I just bent the end of the overflow tube over and zip tied it closed. The water tank fill cap is not air tight so the air displaces the water as it is used. I have had it setup this way for the last 6 months with multple fill cycles of the water tank without any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you get a lot of burping and belching of air out of the water fill hole?

I suppose it's for a reason....but that fill hose goes UP over a thin luan panel that is on the side of the furnace on my unit.
I cannot use a slow flow at all......it must be full blast to get up and over this rise in the fill hose.....if not full blast, water gushes out the fill hole and no telling actually how much gets to the tank.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 PM   #31

Quote:
I'm a little closer to knowing what I need to know.

On my 2017 23RB there are 2 drains with petcocks on them. These are definitely for draining the fresh water tanks. I've used them.

At virtually the same place are 2 white tubes hanging down with no valves of any kind on them. I now believe them to the overflow tubes for the fresh water tanks. Unfortunately, Jayco stuck a Low Point Drain label opposite them on the side of the trailer.

Just now I took another look under the trailer. Mostly hidden by the great glob of foam used to close the hole in the underbelly cover are two tubes, one blue and one red. These I now believe to be the low point drains.

It would have helped if Jayco had actually labeled all of the drain lines and labeled them correctly.
They mis labeled my low point drain sticker too. But, right below that sticker on mine, is the spigot to drain our fresh water tanks. It's not the low point drains for the water system.

My low points are on the other side of the camper, behind the rear tires near the dump valve. I have a blue one, and a red one, indicating which system they drain. Valves for each are in the bathroom cabinet inside.

My over flow valves, I have 2 of those also are in front of the rear axles. Those are the ones I had to put valves on myself, or lose half my water on the interstate. The ones I mentioned in an earlier post have worked perfectly so far for us. I show up at an off grid site and I know I have 100% of the water I came in with now.

I couldn't agree more with one of the earlier posts. If you can't figure out what is what, fill your fresh water tank to capacity and find out exactly where yours are, the overflows will let you know.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote