Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #1

Dometic AC

Guys, I just bought a 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 34 RSBS travel trailer. This is my second Jayco travel trailer. My first had a coleman AC. My new trailer has a dometic AC 15K. My problem is this. When AC is running my camper feels like it is on low vibrate. I can feel it when sitting on the couch, the recliners, and the bed. Has anyone else had this problem with Dometic AC's? I didn't pay $$$$ for this. This vibration will drive me crazy! I definitely will take this up with Gander RV and or Jayco themselves. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what was done to solve it. Thanks. Lu
LuFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:41 PM   #2

My Dometic A/C is awful.... on a scale of 1 to 10, mine is a 9 on air noise. I don't get too much vibration though. Maybe Jayco can help with your A/C issue.

The best cure for vibration and movement in my trailer was a set of JT Strong arm stabilizers. Words can't express how much they helped my trailer.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:01 AM   #3

Thanks. I can probably solve the noise with an AC silencer. I already have Steady Fast stabilizers. The constant vibration feeling through the furniture gets me.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #4

You may want to take the AC shroud off the ceiling and check the mounting of the air conditioner. There should be a foam gasket between the roof and the air conditioner. There should also be four long bolts that hold it in place. Check the bolts for tightness and tighten if necessary. There are a million videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to do this if you need that.

If the vibration keeps up I would suggest heading back to the dealer. What you describe just doesn't sound normal.
wcowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #5

Concur. It isn't normal. I'm taking it to the dealer for some other stuff this Fri. That will be top on list. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:38 PM   #6

Did you get the vibration problem solved? How?
atmago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:22 PM   #7

Yes the vibration is fixed. Only because Jayco authorize a replacement. I do t know why Jayco quit using Coleman ACs. My previous other two travel trailers had Coleman’s and I had no trouble.

Tags
ac problem