Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #1

Dometic Fridge RM2354 Won't Stay On

Greetings,

I have a 2018 174bh with a Dometic RM2354 fridge that will not stay on. When I power on the fridge, all of the lights (gas, ac, dc, temperature, warning) light up for a brief moment and then turn back off. I also hear a clicking sound at the time the lights flash. The fridge does not cool down or respond to any buttons being pushed. The thing that puzzles me the most is that we used our trailer about three months ago for the first time ever (first time fridge was used too) and there were not any issues, until now, this past weekend when we took it out and no luck with the fridge. Trailer was plugged into 30 amp shore power, full propane tanks, and I have a little over 13 volts at the battery. I checked all fuses with my ohm meter, reset all breakers, and reset the gfci receptacle. If anyone has any pointers or things to check/reset I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

David
DJS685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:17 PM   #2

Are you plugged into shore power now?

Is the 13v at the battery when you are connected to shore power?

When you describe the lights lighting up and then going off, is that when you are on battery power alone or on shore power or both?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Are you plugged into shore power now?

Is the 13v at the battery when you are connected to shore power?

When you describe the lights lighting up and then going off, is that when you are on battery power alone or on shore power or both?

Yes, currently plugged into shore power. when testing the battery voltage, I disconnected the positive and negative leads to get an unbiased reading, which was the 13+/- volts.

The lights quickly flashing then going off (any never flashing again unless powered off then back on) is with shore power connected and battery connected.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2019, 07:44 PM   #4

Anyone else have any ideas? Looking into this more I've read that a thermal fuse may be an issue, but I don't see one on my particular fridge?

Thanks for the help all.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:29 AM   #5

Maybe download this and troubleshoot—> https://fourwheelcampers.com/NewDome...atorManual.pdf
Old 04-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe View Post
Maybe download this and troubleshoot—> https://fourwheelcampers.com/NewDome...atorManual.pdf
Thanks for the link. I've tried all the tests and I'm thinking the lower control board is the issue. Thanks all.