Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2019, 04:52 PM   #1

Dometic Furnace/AC control issue

Used our new 2018 Jayco Destination trailer last weekend. The weather was cold so the heat was on. Everything worked well until the fifth day.Should the furnace and the AC fan be running at the same time? Also, the AC fan began cutting in and out. Did we program the thermostat incorrectly?
tcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #2

Not sure about destination trailers, but my White Hawk runs only the furnace fan by default.

If I toggle the thermostat over to the fan control screen, I can choose auto-on-off. If I turn it to on, then the AC fan turns on. Not sure about Auto, but it may turn on with the Furnace. Off for sure turns off the AC fan, and only the furnace fan runs.

Hope this helps you fix your issue!

venoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #3

Set your cool temp to 80. These stats are pure junk . They send both heat and cool signal through the same communication wire and for some reason they will cycle the a.c. while in heat if the set points are too close together. Things were to reliable when we used a standard stat wire configuration.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:59 PM   #4

Is this the Domeric Digital? I hate mine already.

Has anyone successfully swapped the dometic digital with the Coleman Digital?
Trippy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #5

Not a fan of the Dometic thermostat on our Bungalow. Actually looking at replacing it with a programmable home thermostat when it is out of warranty. I walk past the Dometic (it is mounted in the hall), and it changes modes? HATE the thing....

Dutch
DutchBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #6

Dometic Digital

I am also having problems with my thermostat, not impressed!

Have to take the cover off just to change the controls/temp otherwise the controls just keep changing back and fourth to cool, fan and heat...

I have read that you can contact Dometic and they will send you a new updated front cover. Currently waiting to see how long it take for them to respond to my request.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by collet View Post
I am also having problems with my thermostat, not impressed!

Have to take the cover off just to change the controls/temp otherwise the controls just keep changing back and fourth to cool, fan and heat...

I have read that you can contact Dometic and they will send you a new updated front cover. Currently waiting to see how long it take for them to respond to my request.
Really?!? Please update us and let us know what they say, or if they even respond at all.

I just got back from camping this weekend. Left the cover off cause it's so much easier without it.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoyle View Post
Used our new 2018 Jayco Destination trailer last weekend. The weather was cold so the heat was on. Everything worked well until the fifth day.Should the furnace and the AC fan be running at the same time? Also, the AC fan began cutting in and out. Did we program the thermostat incorrectly?
Set the fan to Auto. If you set the fan to High or Low, the AC fan will run when the furnace kicks in.
carloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #9

The furnace and A/C fan should NOT be running at the same time. The fan setting should be on "auto" (NOT on "high" or "low") and only the furnace fan should come on when the furnace is activated.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
The furnace and A/C fan should NOT be running at the same time. The fan setting should be on "auto" (NOT on "high" or "low") and only the furnace fan should come on when the furnace is activated.
Unfortunately that's a setting that happens on these dometic t-stats pretty easily without noticing. The fan can be turned on with the furnace on. The A/C is off, but the fan will turn on. Not sure if they made it to help circulate the air, or if it's just bad design.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #11

Dometic Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy1313 View Post
Really?!? Please update us and let us know what they say, or if they even respond at all.

I just got back from camping this weekend. Left the cover off cause it's so much easier without it.
They actually got back to me and are sending me a replacement! I sent this request on Friday, wow that was fast!
Old 04-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #12

Wow, that's impressive. Maybe I'll do the same. I hope it actually works better. The thing works fine with the cover off, but I shouldn't need the cover off. And with a 2 and 4vl year old running around, I dont want to either.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:15 AM   #13

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy1313 View Post
Wow, that's impressive. Maybe I'll do the same. I hope it actually works better. The thing works fine with the cover off, but I shouldn't need the cover off. And with a 2 and 4vl year old running around, I dont want to either.
Apparently they redesigned or improved the cover... Again one should be able to press the buttons and keep the cover on.. You would think they tested their thermostats beforehand?