Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #1

Door Lock

Has anyone used/installed/ reviewed the RVLock V4.0 or similiar product. DW and I are leaning toward installing one. more for the fact my 2 year old has lock me out (Wife was inside to open up again) and has tried many other times to lock us out. Also it is one less key to worry about leaving behind. I am just a little worried about how an electronic key pad functions over the long hall and if it really is just that easy to use and install and that reliable.

thanks
whjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #2

Why don't you just get an extra key made and hide it some place on outside of your RV. That way you can't ever get locked out........
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Why don't you just get an extra key made and hide it some place on outside of your RV. That way you can't ever get locked out........
That's what we do. Our tow vehicle has the keypad on the door so that's our fail safe. I keep an extra set stashed in there. I'm not sure if I'd totally trust myself to keep track of keys hidden outside the camper, my luck I wouldn't need them for 2 years and when I did, they'd be rusting in a bush somewhere off the interstate.

I like that electronic lock.. If for some reason I had money to burn, I think that's a pretty cool upgrade, no direct experience with it.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:12 PM   #4

You can get the little black box with a magnet on it and put spare key in it and hide it under your rv. Not going to tell you my spot, but even I have to really look to find d it, cause it blends in really good.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #5

I just order one of the RVlocks for my TT and if you go to there website they are having a sell going on now, today is the last day where you can get an extra remote and shipping and $35 dollars off. The extra remote along will run you $35+.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:55 AM   #6

We have the Bauer keyless entry in our Eagle. Locking mechanism failed one time in the lock position and we were locked inside. Had to literally get someone to pass me a screwdriver through a screen window to take the lock apart. Replaced that one and have not had any real problems in 2 years now. Ours operates off batteries and have to be replaced at least once a year. Does sometimes lose its memory but it is just a matter of reprogramming code in, really simple. All in all, we love it. have not used a key in years.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #7

I installed an RVlock last year, works great and is more secure than the stock model.
gburger is offline   Reply With Quote