Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2019, 07:14 AM   #1

Dual Propane Tank Conversion

I have a 2019 Jayco 195RB. Has anyone converted to dual propane tanks? If so do you have any photos?

Also has anyone mounted a TV to the cabinet above counter top near bed? If so photos?

These are 2 mods I would really like to do to my 195RB. Just need a little help.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2019, 07:59 AM   #2

Duel Propane Tanks

I have done this conversion on three different Pop-ups.

I don't know what type of mounts you have on your current trailer?

I have always purchased a duel system form my local dealer. This has always been a pan that screws down on the frame, this pan has a threaded hole that a vertical support post threads into. This support hold the top bracket and a wing nut to tighten down the tanks. Your regulator will also need (it may already have) a bracket that slide down the mounting post.

On my last trailer I had to remove the current tank brackets from my frame first?

Sorry No Pictures - those Pop-Up's are Gone!!

Happy Camping
mnaquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperTim View Post
I have a 2019 Jayco 195RB. Has anyone converted to dual propane tanks? If so do you have any photos?

Also has anyone mounted a TV to the cabinet above counter top near bed? If so photos?

These are 2 mods I would really like to do to my 195RB. Just need a little help.
Thanks
Still interested in learning how?
Attached Thumbnails
20200125_152338.jpg   20200125_152350.jpg  
MODS: Dual GC2 LiFePO4 System, BAL (4) Stabilizers, Hengs vent fan, Dual Propane conversion, Furrion FOSO7TASF Rear Camera, Digital Thermostat, See Level 709P3W1003 Tank Monitor System, 200w solar panels, other cool things.
MrKABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:40 AM   #4

Thanks for the pictures! I just bought one of these dual valve switcher kits. I'm not clear on the fittings that I'll need though to bring from the trailer into the dual valve.

My camper has what looks like a regulator screwed to the camper. From there is a crimped hose to a threaded hand-tighten bottle fitting. Do I bypass the camper regulator, since the new dual has it's own regulator?
Old 08-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperTim View Post
Here's my TV mount project:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...one-93037.html
Old 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroLund View Post
Thanks for the pictures! I just bought one of these dual valve switcher kits. I'm not clear on the fittings that I'll need though to bring from the trailer into the dual valve.

My camper has what looks like a regulator screwed to the camper. From there is a crimped hose to a threaded hand-tighten bottle fitting. Do I bypass the camper regulator, since the new dual has it's own regulator?

If you have a single tank and a regulator, remove the regulator, install the new one same location. Be sure you have the tank hoses. Get the kit with the pan previously mentioned. Be sure you have an automatic switch on your regulator that will flip to the second tank when the first runs out. They never run out during the day, always at no when it is 35 degrees.

Good luck
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroLund View Post

Hello ElectroLund!

I took the regulator that was screwed into my trailer (see the photo with the black diamond plate, the original regulator was there) and tossed it into the trash. My new regulator is the switcher between the two tanks, no need to mount it in the same location.

I second Chrismoore701's point about the auto switcher - you don't want to go outside in the middle of the night to make a switch no matter what the temperature!

Over two years into my dual tank conversion and all is working well. You won't be disappointed.
MODS: Dual GC2 LiFePO4 System, BAL (4) Stabilizers, Hengs vent fan, Dual Propane conversion, Furrion FOSO7TASF Rear Camera, Digital Thermostat, See Level 709P3W1003 Tank Monitor System, 200w solar panels, other cool things.
MrKABC is offline   Reply With Quote