Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #1

Eagle 330 RSTS

Hello, thinking of purchasing the new Eagle 330RSTS. Anyone have any pros/cons on this unit? Trading a 02 Designer 31 FKS. The videos I have seen are really good. Just concerned about the big change of the freshwater connection on long term stays.

Thank you
Steinberg Enskyovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #2

I own the 2018 Model and we love it. We received late May 2017. We use it 6-8 weeks per year. I had a 2012 Eagle and thought that unit was great well once we received the new one we were impressed.

Three storage tanks for gray water wow, larger black water tank, we ordered the nicer windows and no more steaming windows. The auto leveling system is outstanding just push the button it does the rest.

The mattress sucks so we replaced it with a top of the line same one we have in our stick built house because it’s regular queen size not a short queen size like most use. The storage inside the unit is unbelievable we have yet to use all the storage areas. The lighted pantry allows you to see everything inside it and the light come on when it's opened and goes off after no motion inside pantry.

The fireplace heats up the kitchen and living room or you can just use it without heat. One key opens everything is very nice. All LED lights with dimmers everywhere work for us.

The bathroom lighted mirror is perfect for shaving and lots of room in the shower if fact two could shower together. The new black tank vents that are on the roof vent perfectly no more bathroom smell when the tank has something in it while traveling. You wanted to know about the water hook up it works great flip a lever for tank fill or flip the other way for direct connect to water in campground.

Jayco mounted under the enclosed propane tanks a hidden battery box that holds 3 batteries and one in front of the propane enclosure for a total of 4 great for dry camping. The island is perfect for kicking back and having a beer or two at when it’s raining or the bugs are to bad outside we bought bar stools 2 of them just for it. My ¾ ton Silverado handles it perfectly with sway bars. Pull the trigger and order it you will be glad you did.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #3

We picked up our 330 rsts last July and couldn’t be happier with it. We did have two Leaking faucets , one under the bathroom sink and one in the kitchen island. I tightened all the connections and no more leaks!

Lots of storage, comfortable theater seat recliners , large bedroom.

You can get the king size bed and a huge fridge if you so desire .

Fireplace is great on a chilly morning, no need for the furnace most of the time .

We have two awnings on our unit that offer plenty of shade or cover from the rain.

Only real complaint I have is it would be nice if there was a window above the stove area.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #4

Ron & Linda, thank you for the reply. I have an order in for the 18 model. I look forward to the newer technology and updates. Good to know it has three batteries. I wonder if that is if you order with the res-fridge. Mine will have the 12cf. Most of the time i will be camped in the Ozarks. Maybe after retirement more travel.
Happy camping
Old 01-24-2018, 08:07 PM   #5

Diggerdan, thank you too for the reply. I am really looking forward to getting this unit. Although parting with the last model year of the Designer towables i difficult. In 15 years only one problem, the other not mentioning were user error.
Good to know on the storage, we tend to over compensate on this. Hope it tows as good as the Designer!
Happy camping
Old 01-25-2018, 04:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinberg Enskyovich View Post
Ron & Linda, thank you for the reply. I have an order in for the 18 model. I look forward to the newer technology and updates. Good to know it has three batteries. I wonder if that is if you order with the res-fridge. Mine will have the 12cf. Most of the time i will be camped in the Ozarks. Maybe after retirement more travel.
Happy camping
I ordered mine 1 year ago and requested a 18 model when they were still shipping 17 models. I'll bet you could request a 19 model you would get it around late May or after if your willing to wait.

We ordered the Std Refrigerator not the large one so we can run off gas if needed. As far as battery's I only received 1 but under propane you could add a couple more.

I did order the backup camera but not from the dealer from amazon same one but it was junk kept losing signal so sent it back. That's when I started researching what to buy and found these guys. I ordered the 9" monitor with the best camera with Military Grade Night Vision and Digital wireless range of over 150ft I have yet to loose signal. The night vision is great for backing up in the dark you can see 50 feet behind you with no lights. This is the link. I paid $450 but well worth the price.
https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #7

Mine only came with one battery, if you want more I would ask the dealer to install them.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #8

Diggerdan & Rodro,
I take delivery on our new 2018 330RSTS on Friday 3-23. Just wanted to ask if you two have had any issues with your new units since you have had them awhile? Any check list advice?
Please let me know when you have a chance.
Thank you
Old 03-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #9

It’s been in storage waiting for the nice weather . I can’t wait to get her dewinterized!

So far no complaints , I’ll let you know if anything pops up .

Dan
Diggerdan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #10

When picking up I would recommend checking the slide with the kitchen table. On mine when I picked it up, when fully retracted you could see through to the ground outside on both sides of the slide, the factory somehow missed installing 2 pieces.

Also if you intend on putting in the backup camera, inquire on the wire location. I haven't gotten back to ask yet, but the paperwork I got showed full size ID lamps that should get pulled off to access the wires. That would be great but the camper actually comes with very small LED ones now. No way the directions still apply.
pjhudak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #11

Talking Delivery of the Jayco Eagle 330RSTS

Hello to all that answered my thread.
We took delivery of the 2018 330RSTS on Friday 3-23. WOW what a unit. Took almost 3 hours to do the walk thru, mainly me checking every curve and corner. It is taller than the Designer 31FKS and 5 feet longer. You can sure feel it pulling.

The roof is slightly curved, that is nice and all wired for solar. We had the following added:
12 cu ft gas fridge
6 gallon DSI/electric water heater
Fantastic Fan with remote
Queen bed

We did notice that everything in shallower than the older units. The 12 cu ft fridge is the new 10 cu ft of the old. Same for the water heater. The only thing so far we changed is the access doors for the water heater and pump. They were screws, changed to hinged for quick access.

The shower leaked, as did the three past travel trailers we owned. The hitch power jack, well I miss my extender leg one. The 330 sits higher and the drop of the jack is 20 +/-. More 8x8 blocks!

Over all the first run was great. Taking it out in a couple weeks for its second set of paces before the Ozarks.

Will let you know if anything changes.